Room for Rent and other rental scams
#353594 by msap1234 Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:28 pm
she contacted me as a reply to wg-gesucht aplication that I never sent, about advertisement that never even existed.
I did not find it even on other platforms.
10789 Berlin Schöneberg Ansbacher Str. 35
Miete: 400€ Nebenkosten: 50€ Kaution: 700€
Aside from email, you can also reach me on whatsap +4915217043644
Lage
Directly at the Kurfürstendamm, the center of West Berlin, next to the KaDeWe.
The great location with the beautiful view to the famous KaDeWe shopping center characatarizes the appartment in a charming way.
The apartment is centrally located in walking distance to the Wittenbergplatz (2 Minute drive) the beautiful view directly to the KaDeWe contribute to the special charm of this apartment.
WG-Leben
Free, Flexible, fun and fair WG.
Am half German and am presently on vacation to my mum's place in ireland but would be back within few weeks.
If you need to move in anytime soon, i have the keys here with me but I can send or bring you the keys after completing the contract process.
NB: the first 2 months rent payment with deposit must be paid before moving in.
Am a potential risk manager as my research is in insurance. I'm 27 years old, easy to live with, creative and open to ideas.
Let me know if you are satisfied and willing to join my WG.
Warm Regards
Maria

offered really cool and suspiciously cheap WG appartment with private bathrooms.
and said she's abroad and thus I could not visit before paying.
and asked to transfer money to foreign account once I sign:
IE08 IPBS 9906 2425 2677 17, IPBSIE2DXXX, TSB Bank (from contract)
you need to make the payment within 48hours after signing the contract inorder to secure it.
You will definitely see me once am back but For trust/safety have attached my ID with you while you do the same as well.
Anyways, have gotten others that are ok with the pictures/details of the flat and are willing to complete the contract process asap.
so let me know if am to consider them or not?
First to sign the contract and make payment to my account gets the room as have gotten over 100 mails.
I only accept bank transfer for reference purpose and you can only move in after your payment reflects in my account. so the more you delay the payment, the more you delay your move in date.
Have been reasonable enough by giving you my bank account as a means of acceptable payment and not giving illegal means such as western union,moneygram etc.I also gave you my whatsapp for more trust.
You need to sign the contract and make the payment asap inorder for me to consider you and ignore others.
After that, i will be there to handover the keys to you on your move in date.
Regards
Maria

found complaint with exactly same description here:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed outside link.
Advertisement

#373724 by Yonz Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 am
Came across the same scam, using the same telephone number (+4915217043644) but this time the Room was in Mannheim, and she "was visiting her mom in Belgium", therefore with a Belgian Bank account.

Name used: Laura Esser

Yonz.
#373986 by Farah Saad Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:36 pm
Das ist mir auch in Karlsruhe passiert! Was habt ihr gemacht?
Ich habe schon bezahlt!!!!

English translation

That happened to me in Karlsruhe too! What have you done?
I have already paid!!!!
#379998 by slava 2009 Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:52 am
Same here, surprisingly with same prices ! This time with the name of "Guler Yildirim"

Guler Yildirim <[email protected]>
Jan 11, 2019, 6:13 PM (4 days ago)
to me

Hello!
Thanks for getting back to me and the room is still available for rent.
My flat has 3 bedrooms to share with which i occupied one of the rooms while the other 2 rooms are vacant for rent.
Rent: 450 € 25m² Zimmer in 3er WG in
mailänder 18 60598 Frankfurt am Main Sachsenhausen
Miete: 400€ Nebenkosten: 50€ Kaution: 700€
I Love to have fun, young in heart, not into games or the drama. I love the outdoors and I also love to cook . I am understanding and a good listener. I love to laugh and make others laugh. Life is way too short to be miserable or unhappy,lol.
if you are still interested, feel free to tell me more about yourself such as your present location,what you do, your proposed move in period,
your picture(optional) and other things you feel to share with a future roommate.
thanks and hoping to hear from you!
Regards!

and she is "momentan im Urlaub bei meiner Mutter in Belgien"

1. I requested a contract sample to review,
-- as a reply I received a PDF with a signature :D and requesting from me to make a bank transfer to IBAN: DE36 7001 1110 6054 3335 69, BIC: DEKTDE7GXXX and send a signed scanned copy of the contract.

2. I let it know that i'll pay when i'll view the apartment,
-- as a reply I received a German Passport picture taken in 2017 with the same name and face picture received as before to inspire confidence...

I found by accident the a apartment with the same pictures listed on a agency website, in Dublin adoor.ie/portfolio/grand-canal-square-23/

I haven't payed and I don't intend to , but let's see where the story gets...