Room for Rent and other rental scams
#353596 by RentalAlerts Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:43 pm
Thanks for the mail and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I have 3 bedrooms available in a big spacious apartment immediately with all the facilities. One room single will be shared between 2 tenant (Though one person can also take it up but just trying to make it an open option) and the 2nd single bedroom is en-suite with private bath/toilet also, the double bedroom is en-suite. Looking for an easy going, lively person to share spacious apartment which is equipped with all the facilities one can imagine. top condition, well maintained with all amenities. Ideal for couple. Located in Spencer Dock apartments. Luas, bus and dart literally at the doorsteps. 24 hr security. Centralised heating. No restrictions. Available till December 2018. We have WiFi, and landline that can be used. You will find everything within walking distance (pubs, restaurants, galleries, museums, shops, Dublin is LITERALLY on your doorstep.
>
> Lively neighborhood in the most centric, commercial and touristic area in Dublin; surrounded by pubs, galleries, restaurants, shops, museums and other attractions.
>
>
> Single Bedroom €520 monthly
> Single Bedroom Ensuite €560 monthly
> Double Bedroom Ensuite €700 monthly
>
> About Myself
>
> I am working as CEO of Hybrid BI Group of companies. I have been living in Dublin since 2009. We are working with Bank Of Ireland , Glanbia and Aryzta PLC in Ireland. We have consultants who keep coming every week and some are based in Dublin full time. Hybrid has offices in India , UAE , UK and client side offices in Ireland and Sweden.
>
> About my Family
>
> I have two daughters ( aged 12 and 6) and two sons twin ( Aged – 2 year). I am traveling most of the time and family is currently based in England. My daughters are in boarding school in London and wife (Esther) looks after England office. We have house in Chelmsford currently used as Holiday home.
>
>
> So if you are interested in renting the accommodation; kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you to read and sign.
>
> *Your Full Name:
> *Your Full Address:
> *Phone Number:
> *Age?:
> *Are you married?:
> *Do you have a pet?:
> *Do you have a car?:
> *Occupation?:
> *The picture of the Tenant Renting the house? (If available):
> *Exact move in date:
> *Exact move out date (If known)
> *Type of accommodation (Shared Bedroom, single bedroom en-suite or Double bedroom ensuite):
>
> HERE IS THE HOUSE ADDRESS.
> LOCATION & AREA
Advertisement

#355889 by bluelavleen Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:31 am
I got the same email word by word. And the email ID I received this from is [email protected].

I think they're imposing as someone else and ask for the rent to be deposited without ever showing the apartment.
I can attach the whole Email conversation on request. We were being very skeptical from the very beginning because the person never agreed to meet. How can someone rent out his apartment to complete stranger without ever meeting. That's what triggered us. When we didn't agree to pay the rent without seeing the apartment or meeting the person, they agreed for partial payment for 200 euros and prepare the lease agreement. They even sent us a fake lease agreement which was easy to notice that it's fake.

Luckily, our cautiousness and skepticism worked out and I stumbled upon this Email which is exactly the same we received.

So, be over-cautious about such matters and do a thorough background re-search of the person you're dealing with.