Room for Rent and other rental scams
#353858 by Bryon Williams Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Paul Ian Williamson < [email protected] > escribió:

> Hola,
>
> Agradezco que se haya tomado el tiempo de mirar mi piso. Mi nombre es Paul Ian Williamson, tengo 44 años y soy el propietario. Lamento no haberle respondido antes, pero en este momento estoy en Italy , y he estado muy ocupado en el trabajo. El precio del alquiler mensual es de U$S 400 (el precioincluye los costos de los servicios públicos). Ahora mismo me estoy quedando en casa de mis padres y dejé mi trabajo porque conseguí un contrato de 8 años en Italy , así que decidí alquilarlo. El piso está en perfectas condiciones, en lo absoluto requiere de ningún tipo de reparación adicional.
> Así que si está interesado en el alquiler mi piso, por favor envíeme un correo electrónico para más detalles.
>
> PS: me puedo comunicar con usted en inglés? Mi español no es muy bueno.
>
> Gracias,
> Paul Ian

Machine translate:
Paul Ian Williamson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
     >
     > I appreciate that you took the time to look at my apartment. My name is Paul Ian Williamson, I am 44 years old and I am the owner. I regret not having responded before, but at the moment I am in Italy, and I have been very busy at work. The monthly rental price is US $ 400 (the price includes the costs of public services). Right now I'm staying at my parents' house and I quit my job because I got an 8-year contract in Italy, so I decided to rent it. The apartment is in perfect condition, in no way requires any additional repair.
     > So if you are interested in renting my flat, please send me an email for more details.
     >
     > PS: can I communicate with you in English? My spanish is not very good.
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Paul Ian

Paul Ian Williamson < [email protected] >:

Hello again,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you that we will not have any problems .

Firstly, I have to inform you that the price you will pay for the first month's rent will be US$400 ( money for the first month you move in my apartment ) and I ask also for a security deposit of US$800. So in total you have to pay $US 1,200 to be able to move into my apartment without any additional charges to pay. The money for the next months rent amounts ($US 400 ) I would like to receive monthly from you directly into my bank account, so I hope it will not be a problem for you to wire the money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment . The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by Airbnb. They will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this agreement.

To begin the transaction with Airbnb you need to send me the following details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Post Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card copy or Passport copy
Copy of your gas or electricity bill
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move into the apartment:
Length of rental period you require:

Now let me explain to you how the transaction works:

After I receive all these details, I can go to the Airbnb office and start the transaction. When they have the keys and the real estate company in place, they will send you a delivery notification, in which they tell you that they have the keys and all the documents.

When you receive the delivery notification from Airbnb, you will have to go your bank office and make a bank transfer to the Airbnb agent in the Italy, assigned to this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 1,200 US$ ). If you don't have time to go to your bank office you can make the payment online . I'm just letting you know that your payment must be confirmed within 24 hours or earlier after the transaction is started.

After you make the deposit, you will have to send Airbnb the payment confirmation from the bank money transfer, so they know that you have already made the deposit. Airbnb will verify the payment and if everything is in order, they will deliver the keys and the rental contract to youwithin 48 Hours. Airbnb will send to you an agent to your home, and that person will come with you to visit the apartment to see that all is in order. If you are satisfied with the flat, you will then sign the rental contract. However, if you are not pleased with the apartment for any reason, the agent will refund your money immediately, and I will get my keys and documents back ( I will write this condition into the rental contract, to ensure that you will get your money back ).

Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you can't move immediately, we can make the agreement as explained here, and consider it only an inspection and reservation until you are able to move there.

I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you.

I await for your early response, because there are others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on an agreement with you.

Subject: Re: Alquiler de Departamento en Miraflores ,Calle Bolivar cuadra , US$ 400

Hi again,

The property is not listed on Airbnb website, I can use their services without listing on their website.
The utilities costs are included .You can rent the apartment for min. 3 months and max.8 years but we can renew the contract.
I'm the owner of the apartment.
The apartment is fully furnished and renovated, as you can see from the photos.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a large and well-ventilated cellar, where you can store my furniture.
Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you cannot move out immediately, we can make the agreement as explained just now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation. You will move in when you are ready and pay the first rent then.
You must pay first and then if you are not satisfied with the apartment you will get your money back . They will hold the money until you have confirmed that everything is in order, you will send the money to their agent, not to me, and only after you confirm they will give me the money .
The reason we have to use this method is because we must be both protected as you can't send me the money directly with no protection and I must have a warranty to be able to send you the keys. I hope you understand I can't just send the keys to anyone who asks. They will hold the money and send you the keys as well. You must deposit the money to the agency's bank account. After you deposit the money, you will receive the keys and go to see the apartment. After that if everything looks good, you have to confirm if want to keep it or not. If you keep the apartment, the agency will pay me, if you don't want the apartment, they will give you the money back .
Also, very importantly, the utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spot, dishwasher, refuse disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioning, etc.) are all included in the price. I have no objection if you want to keep pets.
To start the transaction with Airbnb, you need to send me the following details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Post Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card copy or Passport copy
Copy of your gas or electricity bill
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move into the apartment:

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement