Room for Rent and other rental scams
#354606 by Michelle Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:16 am

Thanks for your interest in our Advert, I and my Husband co-own the Unit and we used to stay in the property but right now,we are currently out of town due to a contract we have there but we can come up for you to view anytime you want.

Our apartment is A 1 BEDROOM Apartment well furnished to standard but there is nobody presently living in the property so it is available for rent and here is little details about the flat before we proceed.

Find below details:

Address:161 Robert St Toronto, ON M5S 2K6Canada

Description:This wonderful 1 BEDROOM Apartment is available to let,the flat is newly renovated and fully furnished with state of the art home facilities , we are also happy to inform you that its an all en-suite with all bills inclusive ,free internet facilities, a ,bathroom and toilet en suite The flat is suitable for students, professionals,couples and others we expect a lot of interest on flat on this property

Note:We deal on a First come First serve basis, hurry and do make your enquirers on the property suitable for students, professionals,couples and others we expect a lot of interest on this property.

All the bills are included (Electricity, water, gas, council tax) plus INTERNET FREE

Rooms available now:

Ideal for STUDENTS and/or YOUNG professionals,
Viewings are highly recommended at your earliest convenience.

Rent pcm:$1420.00(All bills are inclusive).
Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract after 12 months
Moving in date: the room is currently available but I'm flexible with moving in date.
Refundable security and damage deposit:$1420(refundable after 4weeks of stay in the flat)

sq ft: 1200
45 sq m
Room Sizes
Bedroom: 14'10 x 9'1 ( 4.5 x 2.8m)
Kitchen: 8'10 x 7'5 ( 2.7 x 2.3m)

Home Features:TV ,CD - DVD - Video,Radio,High-speed Internet with WiFi,Washing Machine ,dryer, Heating,iron and Ironing board,Gas cooker,Electric Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator, Microwave e.t.c

Few pictures of the flat are hereby attached with this email.

Awaiting your urgent reply, Thanks for your interest once again and you are most welcome.

KINDEST REGARDS

MARIE AND JACOB

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement