Room for Rent and other rental scams
#355109 by Michelle Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 pm

From [email protected]

Thanks for your email, confirming your interest in renting my property and requesting for my booking agreement form.

It is very important I let you know, I have just received interest on this same property from another family, and they want it for this same dates, which clashes with your dates. But, i have not replied them because you showed interest first. However, please note that, I can only hold down my property, for clients that have signed my booking agreement form and made payment.

To proceed, I have attached the Booking Agreement form/payment instructions to this message, fill it and send it back to me with a copy of the transfer confirmation. After receiving them from you, I will forward you my receipt to confirm your reservation. Keys of the property will be handed to you by me, on your arrival date.

MODE OF PAYMENT VIA BANK WIRE TRANSFER:

Please see below, instructions for making the payment.

Bank Name: Wells Fargo Bank
Account #: 1424483111
Routing #: 061000227
Beneficiary: Julius R. Lockley

Once again, it's only when payment is made, before I can secure your dates. After payment is made, please forward the completed booking agreement form and transfer confirmation to my email, through scanning.

Please confirm receipt of this message, the attachment, and if you are proceeding.

Regards,

Julius R. Lockley.

Sent from Windows Mail

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#356584 by Michelle Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:26 am

Thanks for your interest, luckily for you, the property is still available for your dates, 04/13/18 to 04/16/18, 3-nights = $900 (@ $300 a night).. 50% of the rental fee ($450) + $600 refundable security deposit. All you need to pay to have the property reserve for your dates = $1,050 (cleaning, parking and tax included)..

Address: 49267 Biery St, Indio, CA 92201, USA.

Indio House Accommodation and Amenities.

Property Type:
house

Floor Area:
2200 sq. ft.

House Rules:
Max. occupancy: 12
children welcome
non smoking only

Theme:
Family
Sports & Activities

General:
Air Conditioning
Clothes Dryer
Fireplace
Fitness Room / Equipment ...
Garage ...
Hair Dryer
Heating
Internet
Iron & Board
Linens Provided
Living Room
Parking
Towels Provided
Washing Machine

Kitchen:
Coffee Maker
Dishes & Utensils
Dishwasher
Kitchen
Microwave
Oven
Refrigerator
Stove
Toaster

Dining:
Dining ...
Dining Room
seating for 12 people

Bathrooms:
2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bath
MASTER - toilet , shower , jetted tub
Bathroom 2 - toilet , combination tub/shower
Bathroom 2 - toilet

Bedrooms:
4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
MASTER BEDROOM - 1 king
Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
Bedroom 3 - 1 bunk bed , 1 DOUBLE BUNK BED
LARGE AND SPACIOUS

Entertainment:
Satellite / Cable
Television

Outside:
Deck / Patio
Golf
Tennis

Suitability:
Long-term Renters Welcome

Pool / Spa:
Communal Pool
Heated Pool
Hot Tub ...
Private Pool ...

Please note, the balance 50% of the rent will be paid when you arrive at the property and the security deposit will be refunded to you in cash on your departure date.

My mode of payment is by PayPal..

More Photos attached and I'm providing you a Contact info of my past Tenants.

Mr Barry Lewis from Minnesota stayed for a week.
[email protected]

Get back to me asap if you would love to book, so I can send you the Booking Agreement form, and payment instruction to secure this wonderful home for your dates.

Reserve asap, before someone else does.

Regards,

Kim Bechtold
Owner