Room for Rent and other rental scams
#45928 by Con Warner Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:32 pm
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:40:03 -0800 (PST)
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: $700 / 1br - Newly Renovated One Bedroom Apartment on Ascot Ave Toronto (M6E 1G3)

Hello ,

Thanks for your response, I am Claudio the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of. I used to stay in the Apartment not until i left for UK for a construction job with Total/Elf, (I'm a construction engineer) and i am now Happily married and we are currently on our Honey Moon. I will be in United State for five years so presently my apartment is much available for rent and all utilities included, it is furnished and i don't mind "PETS". Pls i want you to

note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property, so i will solicit for your absolute maintainance of this apartment. Hope you understand that it is not the rent that is my problem but i want you to keep it tidy at all times, hope we have an understanding.

I want a tenant i can trust so i will ask for you to tell me more about yourself. We will be Staying in UK now that is why I have made up my mind to put up all my apartment for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

Apartment Address : 135 Ascot Ave Toronto (Central) Ontario M6E 1G3
RENT FEE: $700 per month, Deposit $500 (refundable)

Amenities:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge, Microwave, Washer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, Water/Sewer
Parking:
Automatic Garage
Security Alarm/Door

Interior:
Free Internet
Fireplace (wood burning)
Hardwood
Storage Area/Room
Walk-In Closets

I want you to provide answers to the application below:

*******FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM******
( Private and Confidential )

Date:
Full name of Tenant:
Home Phone:
Date of Birth:
Sex :
Occupation
Marital Status?
Present Address:
How long at this address?
Rent?
How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( First 1month rent + Deposit = $1200) or If You Pay ( First 2month rent + Deposit = $1900) And Get 1

Month Free...So which one do you prefer ?
Reason for moving?Present Occupation:
How many people will be living in the home?
Move in Date?

......................................................................................................................
TERMS AND CONDITION:
~The lease is month to month , 6 month or 1yrs and can be renewed
~It can be rented furnished or unfurnished
~ You will have to take good care of my home
~Utilities are included in the rent
~Pets Allowed

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs claudio.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 02:31:45 -0800 (PST)
To: Con Warner
Subject: APPLICATION ACCEPTED...

Hello,
Thank you very much for your interest in our apartment, I can see your willingness in this apartment and want to congratulate you that you are the one chosen to take our apartment. I want you to know that we are satisfied with your profile and also believe l can trust you because l would not be happy if you fail to keep to your promises. Here is my number to call +447031875273

I want you to know that we can let you stay in our apartment till the period of time you wish to.I hope you are aware that all the utilities are included in the monthly rent..I will be receiving the First 1 month rent and deposit payment from you via Western Union Money Transfer and the monthly rent will be send directly to our bank account....From your application l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person ,may the Almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do.

Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via DHL courier service.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent Apartment form(Containing your reference details)
3)The Apartment documented file.
4)Payment Receipts.
5)Full address and description of the Apartment.

As soon as the payment has been confirmed by me via Western Union Money Transfer, l will go ahead and commence on how the keys/documents of the flat will be delivered to you via DHL Courier service on Next Day Delivery and it will have to be delivered to the address you gave in your application form.Once again We're giving you this apartment based on trust and do not disappoint us because we don't want our apartment to be destroyed.You will be sending the First 1 month rent and deposit payment which $1200 to me in the UK. Let me know if I can forward you the details for you to send the payment through any western union money transfer outlet closer to you.

Thanks and God Bless
Mrs and Mrs Claudio

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#50719 by holysummer Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:22 am
Thank Warner for this info, which help me to identify the cheaters.

They kept asking me for deposits which really make me skepitical. Googleing their email adderess delivered to this posting.

The story is almost the same with Warners except for this time their lovely aprtment locates in Brisbane, Australia.

Here're the emails for your reference:

Hello ,
Thanks for your response, I am Claudio the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of. I used to stay in the Apartment not until i left for UK for a construction job with Total/Elf, (I'm a construction engineer) and i am now Happily married and we are currently on our Honey Moon. I will be in United Kingdom for five years so presently my apartment is much available for rent and all utilities included, it is furnished and i don't mind "PETS". Pls i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property, so i will solicit for your absolute maintainance of this apartment. Hope you understand that it is not the rent that is my problem but i want you to keep it tidy at all times, hope we have an understanding.

I want a tenant i can trust so i will ask for you to tell me more about yourself. We will be Staying in UK now that is why I have made up my mind to put up all my apartment for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? email my wife anna on ( [email protected] ) he will send you the picture of the apartment along with the location of the apartment and also request for application if interested

RENT FEE: $130 per week / $520 per month, Deposit $500 (refundable)

Amenities:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge, Microwave, Washer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, Water/Sewer
Parking:
Automatic Garage
Security Alarm/Door

Interior:
Free Internet
Fireplace (wood burning)
Hardwood
Storage Area/Room
Walk-In Closets
.....................................................................................................................
TERMS AND CONDITION:
~The lease is month to month , 6 month or 1yrs and can be renewed
~It can be rented furnished or unfurnished
~ You will have to take good care of my home
~Utilities are included in the rent
~Pets Allowed

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and my wife will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

Thanks
Mr & Mrs claudio

=================

Its very Nice to Read from you,My name is Anna wife of Claudio owner of the 1 bedroom flat on 128 Charlotte Street Brisbane QLD 4000. So we are looking for a responsible person that can take Very Good care of the flat..My husband in respect who owned the flat and I also want you to know that it was due to my husband Transfer that made us to leave the flat,so we want you to take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own.So for now I am now in UK,and more also i am with the keys and documents of the flat,We try to look for an agent or friends that we can give this Keys and document before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our flat to be used any how in our Absent that is why i brought the keys along with me here.As you know that,my husband is also wanting a good tenant,so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the flat.

So pls get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting apartments, My husband how ever told me that you spoke like a lovely person to him in the first e-mail you wrote to him,Hope you are okay with the price of $130 per week with utilities like :- Stove -Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker ,Full Kitchen ,Coffee maker ,TV /VCR,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided ,High Speed Internet ,CD Player ,Cable/Satellite TV,Double/twin zip & link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, Kitchen Electric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils ,Microwave ,Washer &dryer ,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron and ironing board ,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast internet access ,Pedestal Fan ,Free parking.

I look forward to hearing from you asap and discuss on how to get the flat for rent,. Looking forward to hear from you soon.and below is the address of the flat, So if you are ok with this pls request for an application form in your next e-mail... am so sorry that i cannot call you because some problems with my ear and cant speak well. Just a little problem God Can take care off, pls bear with me, My husband would be the one to call you once you have filed out the application form..and also you
could call him.....

Flat Address : 128 Charlotte Street Brisbane QLD 4000

Rent :$130 per week/ $520 per month
Security Deposit :- $400 Refundable once your leaving the Flat

********RENT APPLICATION FORM*******
(Private and Confidential)
1)Your Full Name :-

2)Your Full Current Address :-

3)Phone Number & Mobile Number :-

4)How old are you :-

5)Sex :-

6)Are you Married :-

7)How many people will be living in the apartment:-

8)Do you have a Pet? :-

9)Do you have a Car? :-

10)Occupation? :-

11)What is your Religion? :-

12)Citizen of Which Country? :-

13)When are you ready to Move In? Exact Date? :-

14)How Many Months are you willing to rent The Apartment? :-

15)How many months rent can you pay upfront? Mininum ( 1month + security
deposit making total of $920) or ( 2 months + deposit making total of $1440 and you get 1 month free) .so which option do you prefare????

16) When Are You Planning to Move Out? :-
Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt and the agreement form in your name .Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to send you the keys and documents as soon as you make the payment.

17)scan international passport or drivers license:-

Thanks

===========

Hello Paul,
Thank you very much for your interest in our apartment, I can see your willingness in this apartment and want to congratulate you that you are the one chosen to take our apartment. I want you to know that we are satisfied with your profile and also believe l can trust you because l would not be happy if you fail to keep to your promises. I want you to know that if our apartment is expensive, the tenant will take good care of it very well as if it his is own. And my husband as been like that from day one, he never want anyone to surfer for anything. Any way if you need the apartment, you will be every happy to stay with us..

I want you to know that we can let you stay in our apartment till the period of time you wish to.I hope you are aware that all the utilities are included in the monthly rent..I will be receiving the First month rent and deposit payment from you via Western Union Money Transfer and the monthly rent will be send directly to our bank account....From your application l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person ,may the Almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do. Here is my number to call +447024027372

Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via DHL courier service.
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent Apartment form(Containing your reference details)
3)The Apartment documented file.
4)Payment Receipts.
5)Full address and description of the Apartment.

As soon as the payment has been confirmed by me via Western Union Money Transfer, l will go ahead and commence on how the keys/documents of the flat will be delivered to you via DHL Courier service on Next Day Delivery and it will have to be delivered to the address you gave in your application form.Once again We're giving you this apartment based on trust and do not disappoint us because we don't want our apartment to be destroyed.You will be sending the First 1 month rent and deposit payment $920 me in the UK. Let me know if I can forward you the details for you to send the payment through any western union money transfer outlet closer to you.

Thanks and God Bless
Mr and Mrs Claudio

================

Thanks for your reply and i want you to know that this is legit.. andi swear to almighty God that if you make the send the payment todayyou will surely get the keys and the documents so that you can viewthe interior,You sound skeptic from your last email, and that is verywrong, if you are thinking that I just wanted to take your money fornothing. When I known how people worked and earn their money, I willnever think of taking some advantages over you and your money, pleasetake that out of your mind, that is really awful thing on the earththat I will never think about doing. Please understand me better, Iwas not trying to lure you into this, everything about me is 100% realok, i will like you to know one thing i am a woman of God and i somuch believe in his words and i can never tarnish my name and imageall because of money and i wouldn't do such a thing when i have bloodrunning through my vein,So as I shall be shipping out the keys and thedocument to you as soon as you make the payment is sent out today andyou can be able to get the keys and the documents first thing tomorrowmorning so that you can be able to move in as soon as possible.. Withyour Age I know you would be able to take good care of my house wellfor me,( so you can make the payment and i will get the keys and thedocument Ship down to you. as soon as you get the keys and view theinside. Am a True woman of God, pls again take care of my house forme and i have attached my husbands passport and id for you to feelsave.....Let me know when if i can forward you the paymentinformation... Thanks & God Bless You
#61857 by Bubbles Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:16 am
Welcome to ScamWarners youareright. We do not have to power to blacklist scammer's email addresses. We DO expose them on the internet, educate about scams and support victims of scams.

We do not recommend closing known email addresses because it takes only a minute or so to open a new email address. Please take some time to read about this forum and find out more about scams and the work we do to slow them down by warning about scam activities.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.