Room for Rent and other rental scams
#355566 by Michelle Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 am
Airbnb Hosts <[email protected]>

irbnb Hosts is one of the most important brands attracting thousands of rental agreements every month. In addition, our advanced technology allows us to market your property to tenants across our entire network of offices.

Payment Details
Send the payment (54000.00 PHP) by MoneyGram using the following Airbnb Hosts Representative account Details :
2017-09-09 20:32:56 +0000

Airbnb Hosts Financial Officer Payment Account Details

First Name : PAUL

Last Name : PAPPAS

City : Athens

Mr. PAUL PAPPAS is our Airbnb Hosts Regional Financial Officer designed to handle your transaction and we will assume responsibility for the financial activities so any kind of fraud to be avoided. All deposits collected by Airbnb Hosts are secured with DPS www.depositprotection.com

Pay for the transfer with cash at a local MoneyGram agency. You can find an MoneyGram office visiting any bank/postal offices.
-The MoneyGram payment information that you need provide us is:
1. # Reference Number ( # 8 Digits Number)
2. Sender full name
3. Sender full address
4. Receiver full name
5. Amount sent
Please attach us a picture of the original MoneyGram receipt as the proof of your payment.
*Send us the payment information to our Payment Airbnb Hosts email address:
[email protected]

* If the Tenant will decide to don't rent the apartment after inspection ( for any reasons) , the Airbnb Hosts agent who will deliver the package ,

will be able to provide a full refund ( full payment back).

* If the Tenant decide to rent the apartment after inspection , is free to sign the rental contract and move in .

Airbnb Hosts will provide full assistance during visit / inspection. These policies are designed to protect both providers and tenants in accordance with the cancellation policy. We take issues like this very seriously, and we hope you'll go on to have many positive experiences on Airbnb Hosts in the future.

*** Once the transfer will be verified and Airbnb Hosts confirm the payment, we will start the shipping process. We will hold the funds until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the Apartment and you will sign the contract . As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release payment to the Owner.

Customer support

[email protected]

Sent with ♥ from Airbnb

Airbnb Ireland, The Watermarque Building, South Lotts Rd,
Ringsend, Dublin 4, VAT Number: 9827384L

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#357714 by Michelle Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm
Airbnb Hosts <[email protected]>
....... Payment Details
Send the payment (1300.00 EURO) by MoneyGram using the following Airbnb Hosts Representative account Details :

First Name : CALIN

Last Name : KANIOS

Mr. CALIN KANIOS is our Airbnb Hosts Regional Financial Officer designed to handle your transaction and we will assume responsibility for the financial activities so any kind of fraud to be avoided

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#361379 by Rominha Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi!
Sorry about the typo error.
This initial listing posted on below URL.
https://rentpad.com.ph/listing.htm?a=2& ... 13410&cl=1
I took a screenshot as well to report to the website host regarding the advertisement.

And the email of payment instructions from scammer is below,

Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018, 6:58 am
Subject: Airbnb Hosts Confirmation Code : HRTRYFXKFA - 1 Bedroom Apartment 64 m² in Makati City Philippines

Your reservation is confirmed

You’re going to Makati City, Metro Manila.

1 Bedroom Apartment 64 m² in Makati City Philippines

Entire home/apt owned by Lin Szu Yin

Address

The Grand Midori Makati, Legazpi Street, Makati City, Metro Manila Philippines

* Note : The full address of the apartment ( Number and Floor ) will be disclosed as soon as your payment will be confirmed.

Customer Receipt
Confirmation Code: HRTRYFXKFA
Thu, April 5, 2018
Receipt # 2152516078

Tenant: xxxxxxxx
City/Country Makati City,Philippines
Tenant Address: xxxxxxx
Owner Lin Szu Yin
Accommodation Type Entire home/apt
Owner address 3A Veikou Street,Makryianni,Athens,117-42 Greece

Airbnb Hosts is one of the most important brands attracting thousands of rental agreements every month. In addition, our advanced technology allows us to market your property to tenants across our entire network of offices.

Payment Details
Send the payment (60000.00 Php) by MoneyGram using the following Airbnb Hosts Representative account Details :

First Name : HARL

Last Name : BEROS

Mr. HARL BEROS is our Airbnb Hosts Regional Financial Officer designed to handle your transaction and we will assume responsibility for the financial activities so any kind of fraud to be avoided. All deposits collected by Airbnb Hosts are secured with DPS http://www.depositprotection.com

moneygram logo

1 Month Rent+ Security Deposit
Php60000,00
Airbnb Service Fee (includes VAT) Php0,00
Total Php60000.00

Pay for the transfer with cash at a local MoneyGram agency. You can find an MoneyGram office visiting any bank/postal offices.
-The MoneyGram payment information that you need provide us is:
1. # Reference Number ( # 8 Digits Number)
2. Sender full name
3. Sender full address
4. Receiver full name
5. Amount sent
Please attach us a picture of the original MoneyGram receipt as the proof of your payment.
*Send us the payment information to our Payment Airbnb Hosts email address:
[email protected]

* If the Tenant will decide to don't rent the apartment after inspection ( for any reasons) , the Airbnb Hosts agent who will deliver the package ,

will be able to provide a full refund ( full payment back).

* If the Tenant decide to rent the apartment after inspection , is free to sign the rental contract and move in .

Airbnb Hosts will provide full assistance during visit / inspection. These policies are designed to protect both providers and tenants in accordance with the cancellation policy. We take issues like this very seriously, and we hope you'll go on to have many positive experiences on Airbnb Hosts in the future.

*** Once the transfer will be verified and Airbnb Hosts confirm the payment, we will start the shipping process. We will hold the funds until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the Apartment and you will sign the contract . As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release payment to the Owner.

Customer support

[email protected]

Sent with ♥ from Airbnb

Airbnb Ireland, The Watermarque Building, South Lotts Rd,
Ringsend, Dublin 4, VAT Number: 9827384L

---------------------------------------------------------

:yikes:

I have of course edited my email address and my name and address as well even I gave them fake info's.
#361400 by Rominha Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi!

I also did some research and found information from below websites regarding the scammers activities and they even hosted their own website before. :yikes:

Most of the posting are originally written in Chinese for apparently posted as Room for Rent in Taiwan but can be read through using Google translation bot.
Some also provided the list of email address who are sending emails in same the tactics so worth dig in.
My fear is that hey now found it much easier to do the operations because plenty of foreigners in Philippines and Filipinos also can be communicate in English without them worried about not being able to write emails in Chinese... :roll:
[REMOVED-AJ]

I found it more interesting by the info from below website but well.. IP address can be routed and could be all are fake name address etc,
[REMOVED-AJ]

Lot's of people victimized by those kind of scammer. And seems it is operated in much larger scale. And there might be copy cat scammer too.
Please read through below as well and if you or your friend, relatives found something TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE DEAL for the vacation etc, do the research, contact to Airbnb BEFORE MAKING ANY PAYMENT and NEVER GIVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND CREDIT CARD INFO to make sure not to fell in to their victim.
[REMOVED - AJ]

While myself being Airbnb host and guest as well, it is a bit compromised and sad situation for all of us.
Hope Airbnb also can come up with better solution and security platform for this new type of scammer.
And we also should NEVER TRANSACT THROUGH OUTSIDE OF THEIR LEGITIMATE WEBSITE URLs because that's the only way you can be protected.

Thanks for reading! :=)
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Removed unverified external links