Room for Rent and other rental scams
#355649 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm
Subject: Re: Gainesville Apartment.

Hello!

This is a rental for the entire home, the utilities (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV) are not included in the price of $500 / month, it will cost around $150-$200 per month.
This is a 2 bedroom with 2 baths apartment with, very spacious and provides you all the necessities you need. The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house.
The washer and dryer allow you to do laundry in the comfort of your own home.
It's a garage under the building where you can park one car with NO additional costs.

The apartment's fully furnished. Here you can see some pictures of it: https:// imgu r. com /a/ 0Hu95
You can use my furniture, or you can use your own if you prefer.
The apartment address is: 3800 NW 79th Ter, Gainesville, FL 32606

My name is Edwin Ewing, and I'm the owner of this apartment.
I'm interested in renting it ONLY for long-term. The rental price per month for the entire place is $500.00.
Also, I'm asking for a security deposit of $200.00. You will receive the security deposit back on the same day when you leave the apt.

I am Deputy Director General in Expedia. com. I have worked in Gainesville the last three years, and I bought it during my stay there.
Now I am back to my family in Dallas, and I am looking to rent my apartment for an unlimited time.
My job does not allow me to leave Dallas where I am now even for a single day.
We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all, I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb.

Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like:

your occupation;
how many people will live in the apartment;
The period you want to rent the apartment;
To move into this apartment, you need to pay the first-month rent + security deposit a total of $700.00.
I need to know if you have this funds available.

If you are interested please get back to me so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Thanks and have a lovely Sunday! Edwin A Ewing

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#356181 by rsadco03 Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:14 pm
Edwin Ewing was found on Craigslist in Louisville, KY. His information is now with all relevant authorities.
Included below is his basic correspondence,

Hello!

This is a rental for the entire home, the utilities (cold / hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV) are not included in the price of $500 / month, it will cost around $150-$200 per month.
This is a 2 bedroom with 2 baths apartment with, very spacious and provides you all the necessities you need. The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house.
It's a garage under the building where you can park one car with NO additional costs.

The apartment's fully furnished. Here you can see some pictures of it: https://imgur.com/a/0Hu95
The apartment address is: 535-539 S 4th St, Louisville, KY 40202

I'm interested in renting it ONLY for long-term. The rental price per month for the entire place is $500.00.
Also, I'm asking for a security deposit of $200.00. You will receive the security deposit back on the same day when you leave the apt.

I am Deputy Director General in Expedia. com. I have worked in Louisville the last three years, and I bought it during my stay there.
Now I am back to my family in Dallas, and I am looking to rent my apartment for an unlimited time.
We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all, I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb.

your occupation;
To move into this apartment, you need to pay the first-month rent + security deposit a total of $700.00.

If you are interested please get back to me so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Thanks! Edwin A Ewing

Hello again,

Please let me explain in a few words how you can rent the apartment through Airbnb.

The first thing I need to register a contract on Airbnb between me, as host, and you, as the guest.
To register the contract, I need your full name, your complete present address, and your mobile phone number.

I will list the apartment on Airbnb, and they will send you the Airbnb Reservation email, where you need to book your reservation.
You will need to fill the Arrival date, how many months you want to rent the apt and how many guests will stay in the house.

Once your will book & pay your reservation, Airbnb will send you all the meeting details.

You will meet with an Airbnb agent in front of the building. He will show you the apartment and give you the keys.
Also, you will sign the contract. If it's something you don't like it, or if it isn't as described, you will receive your money back with no further questions.

Thanks! Edwin
#356645 by megg118 Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:29 pm
Bryon Williams wrote:
Subject: Re: Gainesville Apartment.

Hello!

The apartment's fully furnished. Here you can see some pictures of it: https:// imgu r. com /a/ 0Hu95
The apartment address is: 3800 NW 79th Ter, Gainesville, FL 32606

I am Deputy Director General in Expedia. com. I have worked in Gainesville the last three years, and I bought it during my stay there.

your occupation;

Thanks and have a lovely Sunday! Edwin A Ewing

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Hello my name is xxxx I found a 2 bed 2 bath apartment on Craigslist in Jacksonville Fl for $500 a month seemed crazy right? Well I received this same email from Edwin to myself and now I have sent him money!!! Haven't heard a word back from him, obviously a scam I see that now. Who do I go to report this guy and is there a way to get my money back??
#360845 by Bryon Williams Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:54 pm
Edwin Ewing <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello!

I'm interested in renting it ONLY for long-term
This is a 2 bedroom apartment, very spacious and provides you all the necessities you need.
The kitchen is fully equipped and the large windows provide plenty of light and the in-house. The washer and dryer allow you to do laundry in the comfort of your own home.
Bedding:
- Bedroom 1- 1 king bed
- Bedroom 2- 1 Queen bed
- Sleep: 4
Amenities:
- Free parking - Washer - Dryer - Laptop friendly
- TV - Hangers - Hairdryer - Heating - Air conditioning

The rental price per month is $500.00 which covers utilities such as power, water, dishwasher, sewer, and trash.
This price is for the entire place, you will now share this apartment with nobody else.
Also, I'm asking for a security deposit of $200.00. You will receive this money back on the same day when you leave the apt.

Apt address: 600 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92101

your occupation;
when do you intend to move into the apartment;
to move into this apartment, you need to pay the first-month rent + security deposit a total of $700.00.

Thanks! Edwin A. Ewing

Edwin Ewing <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Let me present myself.
My name is Edwin Ewing, born in Dallas, TX. I am Deputy Director General in Expedia. com.
I have worked in San Diego the last three years and I bought this apartment during my stay there. I'm the owner of the apartment.

Now I am back to my family in Dallas, and I am looking to rent my apartment.
I do not intend to sell the apartment in the next five years.

I had the apartment for rent on Airbnb for short periods of time, but because I do not have time for that, I want to rent it to a person/family only for long periods. My job does not allow me to leave Dallas where I am now, even for a single day. We just hired new staff, and I am in charge of their training, but this will not affect you at all. I can arrange to rent the apartment from here, using Airbnb. If you are interested, please email me back so I can explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Subject: Re: 600 Front St Unit

Airbnb is handling thousands of transactions daily and it's impossible for them to meet with each customer. Once the reservation is confirmed you will meet with an Airbnb Agent, in front of the building, and he will give you the keys. Also, you will sign all the papers and documents. If it's something you don't like it, or if the apartment isn't as described you will receive a full refund ( with no further questions ) in 24 hours.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/