Room for Rent and other rental scams
#356518 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm
Alexander Thompson-Hall < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent. First of all, Sorry for the late reply! My name is Alexander Thompson-Hall and I own the property, not subletting or something like that.

This apartment comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion this is the best area to live in, a simply great and safe neighborhood.

The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be $500- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term rent (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.

My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and now I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am not after a high profit, but after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the rental process. Here is a brief description of how it works:

The process is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my property to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.

Please reply if you want to know more about the rental process and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Find attached more photos and let me know if you like the apartment.

Will also try to call you when I have the chance to discuss over the phone.

Best Regards,

IADC Certified Engineer - Alexander Thompson-Hall

Hello again,
Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, HomeAway will handle the rental process on my behalf due to my offshore job.
The first step (Starting the process):
I will have to contact the HomeAway agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. That being said I will need your full name, the rental period with exact move-in date, how many people will live there, your email, your phone number and a copy of your ID or Passport if possible.
Step two (Reservation):
HomeAway will require from you a security deposit of $800 to confirm reservation ( which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment ). Once you confirm reservation I will immediately book my next flight and organize the walk-through. If you are in a hurry to move in I could send you the keys by FedEx at your current address. It goes without saying that I will not book a flight or send any keys before you pay the security deposit to HomeAway and confirm the reservation.
The $800 security deposit will play as holding fee as well and will be refunded immediately with no questions asked if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent. ( But only if the apartment is not vandalized or something). A 30 days advance notice is required in case you need to leave early.
If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to provide a valid ID, pay the first month rent and sign the lease agreement. After you move in, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account or you can continue paying through HomeAway.
If you find it acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the HomeAway reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.

Very important !! Please reply only if you fully understand the process as I have been disappointed lately with unserious persons when it comes to reserving. Please remember that I'll have to pay transaction fees and just in case you change your mind I will not receive a refund from them!

You will find attached a photo of my passport for more transparency.

Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#356519 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:34 pm
Domain Name: TL-PATROLEUM.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2227529555_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2018-02-14T22:14:45Z
Creation Date: 2018-02-14T22:14:44Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-02-14T22:14:44Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#357592 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Subject: [Info] Apartment for rent - 2004 Buffalo Terrace, Houston, TX 77019 03/03/2018

Hello xxxxx,
I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent on 2004 Buffalo Terrace, Houston.
First of all, Sorry for the late reply! My name is Alexander Thompson-Hall and I own the property, not subletting or something like that.

This apartment comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion this is the best area to live in, a simply great and safe neighborhood.

The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be $500- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term rent (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.

My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and now I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am not after a high profit, but after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the rental process. Here is a brief description of how it works:
The process is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my property to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.

Please reply if you want to know more about the rental process and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Best Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#357599 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:27 pm
Hello,

Future advice.

Make sure you can physically go inside any rental and meet the landlord face to face prior to renting.

Ask any questions you may have on Scamwarners if in doubt.

Thanks

#357633 by AlanJones Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:42 am
beccialways7 wrote:he says he is out of town and can't make it up here

Legitimate landlords will ensure that there is someone who can physically show the property without the need for fees being paid. They will not attempt to use escrow to have keys sent to potential renters or ask for fees to enable them to view the property internally.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357921 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31 pm
Alexander Thompson < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello xxxxxxx,
I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent on 3835 9th St N, Arlington.
First of all, Sorry for the late reply! My name is Alexander Thompson and I own the property, not subletting or something like that.

The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be $1455.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term rent (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.

Best Regards,
IADC Certified Engineer - Alexander Thompson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (916) 680 8548

Subject: Re: [Info] Apartment for rent - 3835 9th St N, Arlington, VA 22203 03/08/201
Reply-To: [email protected]

Hello again,
Thanks for your reply. Small price correction, the rent is $1955/month. As I mentioned, HomeAway will handle the rental process on my behalf due to my offshore job.
I will have to contact the HomeAway agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. That being said I will need your full name, the rental period with exact move-in date, how many people will live there, your email, your phone number and a copy of your ID or Passport if possible.
Step two (Reservation):
HomeAway will require from you a security deposit of $700 to confirm reservation ( which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment ). Once you confirm reservation I will immediately book my next flight and organize the walk-through. If you are in a hurry to move in I could send you the keys by FedEx at your current address. It goes without saying that I will not book a flight or send any keys before you pay the security deposit to HomeAway and confirm the reservation.
The $700 security deposit will play as holding fee as well and will be refunded immediately with no questions asked if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent. ( But only if the apartment is not vandalized or something). A 30 days advance notice is required in case you need to leave early.
If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to provide a valid ID, pay the first month rent and sign the lease agreement. After you move in, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account or you can continue paying through HomeAway.
If you find it acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the HomeAway reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.

Very important !! Please reply only if you fully understand the process as I have been disappointed lately with unserious persons when it comes to reserving. Please remember that I'll have to pay transaction fees and just in case you change your mind I will not receive a refund from them!

Best Regards,
Phone: (916) 680-8548

#359122 by Bryon Williams Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello xxxx,
I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent that I have on Center Ave, Fort Lee, NJ.
First of all, Sorry for the late reply! My name is Alexander Thompson and I own the property, not subletting or something like that.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be $1000.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term rent (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and now I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

Best Regards,

Hello again,
Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, HomeAway will handle the rental process on my behalf due to my offshore job.
Step two (Reservation):
HomeAway will require from you a security deposit of $800 to confirm reservation ( which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment ). Once you confirm reservation I will immediately book my next flight and organize the walk-through. If you are in a hurry to move in I could send you the keys by FedEx at your current address. It goes without saying that I will not book a flight or send any keys before you pay the security deposit to HomeAway and confirm the reservation.
The $800 security deposit will play as holding fee as well and will be refunded immediately with no questions asked if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent. ( But only if the apartment is not vandalized or something). A 30 days advance notice is required in case you need to leave early.

Best Regards,
Email:[email protected]

#359157 by mi232 Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 am
Hi!

I got excited and looked up Alexander Thompson to find this. I can confirm I'm being spammed and he has not responded after I sent my driver's license picture. Should I be concerned that I sent my driver's license photo?

His email is now [email protected].
Let me know if there is anything I can do to catch this guy!
#359168 by Michelle Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:49 am
@ mi232

You have said that the scammer has your personal details, including a copy of your identification card or passport: My advice to you is to contact the Police and seek their guidance - What a Scammer will no doubt do is to open a e-mail account with an e-address that corresponds with your name. He will use your identification to pretend to be you and use it during his scamming activities and, if he is successful, it will be you the Police that will come looking for in the first instance. - Making contact with the Police will show that you are not involved in a scam.

#359403 by jmoritz001 Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:22 pm
Hi, Yeah I just got this same scam he emailed me back about the apartment and so i sent him another email, thankfully not giving him anymore information besides my email before googling his name. So thank you for the work you do!!
#359933 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:15 pm
Subject: [Info] Re: Apartment for rent on 852 Cypress St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 March 25, 2018

Hello,
I've received your inquiry about my apartment for rent that I have on Cypress St NE, Atlanta.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be $580.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term rent (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and now I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

Best Regards,