Room for Rent and other rental scams
#356585 by Michelle Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 am

Sorry for the delayed response and thank you for taking the time to look at my apartment on 3216 Pleasant Ave, Weehawken, NJ 07086.

Please read the rows below before asking me something, it may contain already an answer to your question regarding my property.

About location:
Apartment includes all furniture but if needed it can be rented unfurnished as well for the same price (please check attached photos).
Very clean and quiet location, ready as we speak. You can move right away or on a later date.
The monthly rent will be $1300.00 - utilities included (except electricity) and please note that the rent is for the entire place.
Any extra fees will be applied if you want other package for TV and internet (actual package include: Internet 300 Mbps, TV 140+ channels and Unlimited Nationwide Calling), Netflix also included.
The unit has parking (one spot) and storage unit included.

About me:
My name is Brian William Webb and I'm a software developer on Team and Concepts Limited (Hong Kong). I spend most of my time in Hong Kong where I found a job for my wife also and that's why we decide to rent the apartment.
I own the apartment, not subletting or something like that! (billing statement available as proof of ownership if needed)
I am looking for someone to rent the place anywhere from 1 month to 5 years, a responsible person that can take a very good care of my place.
Do not bother asking me for a lower price, it will be a waste of time!

For this rental to take place perfectly and in legal terms I decided to involve an agent to handle everything. Now the location is being managed by HomeAway and they will handle the whole rental process.
I will cover all fees involved in the rental procedure.

Let me know if you want to move forward!

Best,
Brian

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#356631 by Michelle Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am

I've just sent you a booking offer! check your email or phone for text... you'll find more details there.

Property is being managed by HomeAway agent (I will cover all HomeAway fees involved in the rental procedure).
Only once the reservation/booking is completed, an agent can be appointed to handle the visit and inspection.

Rental agreement will be signed with me in his/her presence. Agents are appointed within 12-24 hours after booking is confirmed.
HomeAway will handle payment for deposit only (deposit will play as holding fee) and will be refunded immediately by them (agent) if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent ( but only If the apartment is not vandalized or something).
After you move in, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account (Personal Check or Cashier's Check, Wire Transfer or any other method that will provide both of us proof of payment).
My presence will only be required when signing the rental agreement.
If you decide to rent, please send me a copy of your ID (front and back for validation purposes) or Passport if possible and proof of income!

You will find attached a photo of my passport for more transparency.
PS. I reserve the right to cancel a reservation that does not meet my terms.

Regards,
Brian Webb

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.