Room for Rent and other rental scams
#356968 by Michelle Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:07 am
Mark Dexter <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

I am Mark , the owner of the flat, and i'm happy to let you know that my apartment is presently available even for long and short term periods. I`m working like cruise ship captain ( The World Residences At Sea ) https://markdexter2.wixsite.com/mark/home-1 , and I want to rent the apartment (whole property) because all the time I will be on the sea for 2 years .
The flat is exactly like in the pictures. The utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital
TV, 1 parking spot, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) are INCLUDED in the price
of $1,200 per month plus one month deposit of $1,200 is also requested and fully refundable once you decide to leave the
apartment (with a 30 days notice before).

Before we go any further I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons you intend to live in the
apartment, and for how long.

--
Regards,
Capt. Mark Dexter

m: +1 2158732665
p: +1 2158732665
e: [email protected]
a: Over the Sea
w: www.CaptMarkDexter.com

This email is confidential and may also contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender on ( +1 2158732665 ) and do not use, disclose, copy, or distribute it to anyone. Confidentiality and legal privileges are not waived by reason of mistaken delivery to you.

Mark Dexter <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi again,

Everything sounds good, but as I said, I`m over the sea for cruise ship for 2 years and unfortunately i cant be present to deal in person. For me this won't be a problem, as i can arrange to rent the apartment from through AIRBNB, (i'll pay some extra fees for this type of service), which is the biggest international website dealing specifically in rentals properties.
I hope you are familiar with Airbnb, but if not i'll explain you how it works..
If you decide to proceed with this transaction, I will need your phone number along with your full name and address where you can be contacted for the keys and the rental contract. Then I will start the process through Airbnb, providing them your information. Next you will receive a notification message from them, containing a receipt with all the instructions that you need to follow in order to complete the process and receive the keys and the rental contract.

Regarding the payment, you will get all the necessarily instructions on the invoice, so you can deposit the money for the first month along with the warranty, into an escrow bank account from AIRBNB. They will hold and insure your money until you check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not.
As soon as you will complete the deposit of $1,200 + $1,200 = $2,400 into their bank account, an agent from Airbnb will meet and show you the property. You will be given one day inspection period to take a decision and in case of any reason you will not be satisfied with the apartment (but i don't think so), next day the total amount will be refunded to you by Airbnb. If you'll like the flat then you can keep the keys, sign the contract, and we will fix a date for the monthly payment, that it has to be done by you directly to my personal bank account.
This is the only way i can proceed, so hopefully you will find it ok in order to secure the apt in your favor...

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement