Room for Rent and other rental scams
#357104 by Michelle Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am
Tom Lucien <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my apartment. Yes the Apartment is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the Apartment now that am not around. I just traveled to South Africa for a program called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is taking place in major countries in Asian and Africa which are China, Indonesian ,South Africa, West Africa. We will be away for 1 to 2 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my Apartment for rent to whomever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in? You can rent in short term and long term

Here are details of the Apartment:

Bedroom:2

Bathroom:1.5

FEATURES :

Laundry

Electric Range

Electric Heat

Garage

AMENITIES:

Air Conditioning

Cable TV

Ceiling Fans

24 hours Internet service

Dishwasher

Garbage Disposal

Microwave

Pets Allowed

Refrigerator

Washer / Dryer

Rent for two room €300

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the Apartment and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

RENT APPLICATION FORM

Name: __________________________

Present Address: ____________________________________________________

Phone #:................. Cell & Home

How Long?:..............................................................................

Previous Address:__________________________ How Long?__________________________

Married?:____________________________ Spouse's Name: __________________________

Children?:_________ How Many?:________ Ages?:__________________

Pets?:_________ What kind?:__________________ How Many?_______

When do you intend to move in: __________________

How many months advance rent are you willing /able to pay__________________

YOUR EMPLOYMENT

Employer:____________________________________

Employer's Address:____________________________________

Supervisor:__________ Bus. Phone:________

How Long On Present Job?_________________________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you, please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words, We are putting everything into God's hand, so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this. Hope to read from you as soon as possible.

Tom Lucien <[email protected]> wrote:

I just attach my national passport with the mail.....Thanks for the swift response,Its highly appreciated.....What do you mean by am i trying to fool you? I am a man of GOD that have the fear of God in my heart and also a working class man with well paid job and i don't think i can just come on to the internet without have an apartment for rent.I guess that word you use I've been swindled,i don't like it at all how do you mean i want to swindl you....No no i don't do such and i will never do it in my okay.The deposit 700 which is refundable at the end of your stay if nothing is damaged from my properties. And the rent for the whole apartment is 600

Please have this in your mind im not renting my apartment because of money i just want someone will take very good care of the apartment like his/her own i spend a lot on the apartment also all bills are included in the cost of the apartment.

Here is my phone number +27847027915

So let me know if you will like to proceed so i can get your details for the contract.

Thanks and God Bless.

Tom

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement