Room for Rent and other rental scams
#357113 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:25 pm
Subject: €690 / 1br - 65m2 - Apartment for rent in Amsterdam (Amsterdam)

Hi,

The apartment is in a very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, AC, high speed internet with WIFI (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
The rent price is 690 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 600 euro. The monthly rent has the bills included (heating, water, gas, electricity).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but we are back home now permanently in Germany, so we want to rent it.
We will not use it for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want!
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How long do you want to stay? How many guests will stay in the apartment?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Have a nice day, Sandra

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#357399 by amber gauthier Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 am
Same thing within Athens craigslist. She states she wants to use Airbnb to exchange money and will send you a link, however when she explains how it will work using Airbnb it is not how Airbnb outlines their longterm rental process. She’s asks for 2 months rent + €1,000 deposit. When confronted with links from Airbnb explaining how a long term rental payment should work, she simply replied that she does not rent to anyone that will not pay the 2 months rent and deposit.

Her initial contact email was the same as bryon’s email:
[email protected]
€450 / 1br - 65m2 - Apartment for rent in Athens (Athens)
Hi,

The apartment is in a very quiet area, has everything you need: TV, AC, high speed internet with WIFI (towels, sheets, cutlery), washing machine, dryer and dishwasher.
The rent price is 450 per month (for the entire flat) and I require a deposit of 1000 euro. The monthly rent has the bills included (heating, water, gas, electricity).
We bought this apartment for our family's personal use, but we are back home now permanently in Netherlands, so we want to rent it.
We will not use it for a long time, so you can rent it for as long as you want!
To know each other a little better I have some questions:
How long do you want to stay? How many guests will stay in the apartment?
Do you have an employment contract?
Do you have a pet?

Thank you, Sandra
#358409 by Bryon Williams Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Subject: Re: €690 / 2br - 77m2 - Apartment for rent in Rome (Rome)

Hello xxxxx, Yes the area is perfect for kids. I have enjoyed living there. Here is not so great, raining and pretty cold.
Here is our bank account:

Beneficiary(Account Manager): COMAN FRIDL
IBAN: IT23 M076 0101 4000 0104 1139 187
Swift/BIC: BPPIITRRXXX
Bank Name: BancoPosta S.P.A.
Bank Address: Viale Europa 190, 00144 Roma, Italy

You can send the rent for just 2 months, or if you can pay the entire 12 months, I spoke with my husband and we can make a discount to 8000 euro.
Thank you, Sandra

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#361943 by WmLGage Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 am
She's posting to Craigslist in Frankfurt, too. The photos are gorgeous and the rent is incredibly low, of course. Did she give you a specific address for the alleged apartment? I just got a message with an address in Sachsenhausen. Of course she can't meet me, "because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us)." She's using the email address [email protected] in this case. Not my first rodeo, but last time was someone else using a German real estate website.