Room for Rent and other rental scams
#357172 by Michelle Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:18 am
"Jan Brinkhoff" <[email protected]>
Hello ,
Thank you for your interest my name is Jan Brinkhoff . I work as chef on cruise ship at the moment and I have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work.

The apartment is fully equipped , you can rent for long term as well . I opted for electronic invoices to all utilities each month the bills will be paid from my account.
The utility cost are included in rent price ( water, gas, heating ,electricity). The first payment will be 1200 Euro from witch 500Euro is the rent for first month and 700Euro is the safety deposit . Because the building management has strict rules about renting private properties ,they strongly recommend me to use a professional property management company.

I have chosen you as a potential tenant of many tenants that I have for this apartment, I hope I made the right choice .If you are interested, write me an e-mail to fix the details.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#357434 by Michelle Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:21 am
"Jan Brinkhoff" <[email protected]> escreveu:

The apartment is free right now . You can move any time .
The link is no longer available because was listed only for 7 days ( very expensive ) . I attached you the photos by email I hope you remember. The apartment is fully equipped , you can rent for long term as well .
The utility cost are included in rent . The first payment will be 1200 Euro from witch 500Euro is the first month of rent and the 700Euro is the safety deposit . Because the building management has strict rules about renting private properties and they strongly recommend me to use a professional property management company.
I already have an agreement with TripAdvisor Management to make all the necessary arrangements for you to view the apartment before signing the lease agreement and sending the payment to me as a landlord .
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please e-mail me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.
Regard

Jan Brinkhoff <[email protected]> wrote:

Well , I can setup a viewing any time . You can receive the keys and the contract to make the inspection .
Despite the fact I can't send the keys to everybody who is interested and have intention to rent , You will need to confirm the booking through TripAdvisor . This will require to confirm the amount of 1200Euro to TripAdvisor as booking confirmation .

This is only a booking confirmation not a payment . You can Withdraw your money any time .
I prearranged with TripAdvisor Management to make all the necessary arrangements ,so my presence isn’t necessary .
The transaction is registered with Payment Protection (https://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/payme ... neral.html ) .

So if you want to arrange a visiting I will need from you the following details :
-complete info (name ,address and contact details ).
-move-in date and duration of lease preferred (e.g. minimum 2 Months with option of renewal).

-fotocopy / from ID ( Personalausweis )
-Selfie with identity document (Please ensure that your face and ID are both clearly visible in the photo, and that the text is readable and visible )

After I’ll receive your details I will forward them to TripAdvisor. They will contact you with all the details you need, to complete this deal and visit the apartment .

Waiting your email with the requested details.
Best regards

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.