Room for Rent and other rental scams
#357816 by Bryon Williams Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Subject: Wilhelm via Gumtree ad "one bedroom apartment"in Brighton

You have received a reply from ad: "apartment for rent" posted in Property To Rent in "Brighton" .

Thank you for taking the time to look at my property. I am a civil engineer, originally from Germany. I bought the apartment with bank credit 5 years ago for our child who went at college there,but this year he finish the college and moved back to Germany because he has found a better job here in Germany and now we have to rent it to pay the remaining credit to the bank.I am looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I am not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the possible tenant will see the apartment as his or her own and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.

Subject: Re: Wilhelm via Gumtree ad "one bedroom apartment"in Brighton

The apartment (1 livingroom / 1 kitchen /1 Baths/1 bedroom with king bed, 1 parking spot) is located on North St, Brighton, BN1 1GL. The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities(it’s exactly like in the Pics) i'm sure that you will love it. It has dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioning and clothes dryer.
The rent of the flat for 1 month is £600 including all utilities(water,electricity, Internet, cable,parking, garbage,tv)and 2 months security deposit £1,200. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 month to 3 years or more.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal in a safe and fast way for both since i am in Germany and i can't show you the apartment. The solution is provided by a company called “Airbnb” (www.airbnb.co.uk ) which will handle the payment of the first month and the security deposit. I guess you heard about Airbnb. They are the largest and most secure site for rents.
I chose airbnb because you send the money to them and you can cancel your booking any time until checkin date (https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies ) and airbnb will send your money back.
Let me know if you are interested because I really need to take care of this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

30 North St, Brighton, BN1 1GL

If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I must tell you how this service works and what we need to do.
You have to pay the first month of rent £600 and 2 months security deposit of £1.200(total £ 1,800) to airbnb (after first month you will pay directly to me in my bank account), after you book the apartment from airbnb i will send you the keys via UPS(2 days urgent delivery) and then you can go to see the apartment. If you decide not to rent the apartment, airbnb will refund your money back in the same day but i'm sure that you will love it because it is like in the photos. If you like the apartment Airbnb will send me the money only after you check in (move), in the apartment. So you can put the checkin date the end of this month so you have time to decide if you keep the apartment or not.
After you move in the apartment i will send to you the contract signed by me and a backup key.
Let me know if you are interested because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of this week.

Regards,

Wilhelm Wolfgang
Electronics Field Service Engineer

In order to make the contract i will need a copy of your id and your full address.

You don't have any reason to worry because you can cancel your booking any time until the check in date and airbnb will refund your money back. You will send the money to airbnb, not to me and i will receive the money from them after the check in date.

Thanks

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement