Room for Rent and other rental scams
Advertisement

#363985 by ihatescamsss Mon May 07, 2018 2:51 pm
Update, i asked him for proof of ownership and he responded with ignoring my question, but sending me his passport picture.Here is his message -

Like i tell you before, after you make the booking and pay for it to Airbnb , you will give me a copy from your id and the address where you want to receive the keys .

The the copy from your id i need it to make the contract and the address i need it to go to Ups to send you the keys and the contract , in 2-3 working days you will receive it .

I send you a proof of my identity , a copy from my passport .

Olaf Kramer
Electronics Field Service Engineer

Show original message

pass
.jpg
911.1kB
#366438 by lex3773 Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:51 pm
It seems he is now called Olaf Kramer and operating in gumtree.com in Bristol

On 26 May 2018, at 16:34, Olaf Kramer <[email protected]> wrote:

If you are ready to proceed with this transaction I must tell you how this service works and what we need to do.
You have to pay the first month of rent £600 and 2 months security deposit of £1.200(total £ 1,800) to airbnb (after first month you will pay directly to me in my bank account), after you book the apartment from airbnb i will send you the keys via UPS(2 days urgent delivery) and then you can go to see the apartment. If you decide not to rent the apartment, airbnb will refund your money back in the same day but i'm sure that you will love it because it is like in the photos. If you like the apartment Airbnb will send me the money only after you check in (move), in the apartment. So you can put the checkin date the half of next month so you have time to decide if you keep the apartment or not.

After you move in the apartment i will send to you the contract signed by me and a backup key.

Let me know if you are interested because I really need to take care of this matter by the end of this week.

Regards,

On 26 May 2018, at 13:32, Olaf Kramer <[email protected]> wrote:

The apartment (1 livingroom / 1 kitchen /1 Baths/1 bedroom with king bed, 1 parking spot) is located on 30 Hurle Cres, Bristol, BS8 2SZ. The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities(it’s exactly like in the Pics) i'm sure that you will love it. It has dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioning and clothes dryer.
The rent of the flat for 1 month is £600 including all utilities(water,electricity, Internet, cable,parking, garbage,tv)and 2 months security deposit £1,200. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 month to 3 years or more.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal in a safe and fast way for both since i am in Germany and i can't show you the apartment. The solution is provided by a company called “Airbnb” (http://www.airbnb.co.uk ) which will handle the payment of the first month and the security deposit. I guess you heard about Airbnb. They are the largest and most secure site for rents.
I chose airbnb because you send the money to them and you can cancel your booking any time until checkin date (https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies ) and airbnb will send your money back.
Let me know if you are interested because I really need to take care of this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

On 26 May 2018, at 09:27, Olaf Kramer <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to look at my property. I am a civil engineer, originally from Germany. I bought the apartment with bank credit 5 years ago for our child who went at college there,but this year he finish the college and moved back to Germany because he has found a better job here in Germany and now we have to rent it to pay the remaining credit to the bank.
I am looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I am not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the possible tenant will see the apartment as his or her own and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.