Room for Rent and other rental scams
#357987 by Michelle Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 am

Hello and Thank you very much for your interest regarding our Charming Cottage. I hope our property is exactly what you're looking for during your stay. I have checked the availability and I want you to know that the rental will be available for your date, (25th of March) and its for both short and long term lease with month to month for up to 12 months with option of renewal. Its also pets considered, clean with no damages, It has air-conditioning, laundry, cable TV, wireless internet connection and Wi Fi Hi Speed internet, linen, towels are also provided. The house is in a safe and quiet neighborhood and close to all attractions in the neighborhood.

Note: I attach some pics of the interior for you to check it out it's well furnished and also attach a copy of my Identification card.

LEASE TERMS

* Approximate Monthly rate.

Price per month: €250

Refundable Security Deposit: €500

Total Cost: €750

The Security Deposit is 100% refunded back to you and it also stands for Damages Deposit. So, Please keep our house clean and provided no damages are done to the rented property, Otherwise the Refundable Security Deposit will not be refunded back to you on your departure date.

NOTE: YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DEPOSIT FULL OF YOUR FIRST MONTH TOTAL RENTAL FEE NOW TO SECURE THE CABIN.

You will need to secure the property for now if you really need it, because they are a lot of people making Inquiries about the place but we do our own business "First come First serve". So If you book it now, It will be reserved for you alone. To ensure a safe transaction, We'll recommend you to make your reservation , Bank Transfer or Western union . When you pay via Bank Transfer, western union money gram . Your payment is automatically covered against internet fraud and you can easily request for a refund if you want to CANCEL the contract.

Let me know if you will like to commence with the reservation process.

Hope to hear from you soon,

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement