Room for Rent and other rental scams
#358411 by Michelle Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:43 pm
Heiko Friedhelm <[email protected]>

Hello,

The apartment is now available for rent, nice, clean, quiet, has all the facilities and the utilities a person needs. Completely renovated with quality materials.
The address of the apartment is: Vlamingstraat 57, 8000 Brugge
The monthly rent is 450 € and I require 900 € as security deposit.
Where are you from? How long you want to rent my apartment?

Best Regards,
Heiko Friedhelm ‌

Van: Heiko Friedhelm <[email protected]>

Hi again,

We would like to tell you what we happened last week, a bad story. Last week we were there to the apartment for a visit because we had to meet with a family
who wanted to rent the apartment but this family never answered the phone. As you can imagine we lost a lot of money (plane ticket, taxi...etc...).

We will not come again for nothing and we decided to make the transaction through www.booking.com they handle rentals for people
who are unable to solve them alone, which are abroad, so they will take care both the inspection of the apartment and the payment.
You can read how they work here: www.booking.com/escrow-services.info/te ... tions.html

If agree the rental process with booking, please email us with your details:

-First and last name:
-Preferred fixed term length:
-Preferred commencement date of tenancy:
-Total number of occupants:
-Contact number:
-Your profession:
-Copy of your ID or Passport:

Booking will send you a delivery notification to let you know that they have the keys and the papers in their custody.
We require 2 months rent + 1 month deposit ( the deposit you will receive back at the end of the contract ), with no extra taxes to pay.
We will wait an answer from you with your decision as we have many people interested to rent our apartment.

Thank you,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement