Room for Rent and other rental scams
#46468 by goger83 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:02 am
[email protected]
2011. 02.12. 13:26
apt. pictures and details (BRIGHTON)

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in renting my spare room. The bedrooms are furnished..they also have private bathrooms, a sound system, bedspread, in the sitting room there is a plasma tv, internet access, fully fitted kitchen, central heating, tasteful bespoke lighting, washing with dryer machine, microwave oven and a parking space. The apartment is three bedroom flat and i will like to rent out two rooms.

The apartments is situated at 100 shaftesbury road, brighton, brighton and hove BN1 4NF, quiet but very safe street in the heart of Brighton. Brighton train station is just 5 mins but most parts of brighton are also close enough to go by foot in under 30 mins.

I've attached to the mail more pictures of the flat and i hope you will like it. Rent is very reasonable at only £380 per month Including Utility bills and £400 refundable security deposit for the apartment.

My name is Emily Brown, i was born in the United Kingdom, I'm single, 31 years of age, i work as a marketer in the company i work for, I am a friendly, easy going and a happy person. I love meeting new people, having a good laugh and I'm always up for some fun. In saying that I also like to chill out and enjoy the finer things in life such as good food, wine and music. I am looking to live with like-minded people. Please let me know if you're interested so that we can proceed in your rent.

Have a nice day.

Emily
Advertisement

#46500 by Bubbles Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 pm
Thank you for posting this up goger83. Did this person ask for money to be sent by Western Union?

The final paragraph does read more like a profile from a dating site than an advert for a room for rent.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#46826 by LovelyScam Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:50 pm
The same thing, but a different fake property:

Hello,
Thanks for your interest in renting my spare room. The bedrooms are furnished..they also have private bathrooms, a sound system, bedspread, in the sitting room there is a plasma tv, internet access, fully fitted kitchen, central heating, tasteful bespoke lighting, washing with dryer machine, microwave oven and a parking space. The apartment is three bedroom flat and i will like to rent out two rooms.

The apartments is situated at 136, Tottenham Lane, London, N8 7EL, quiet but very safe street in the heart of London. Caledonian Road is the nearest station-Piccadilly line: 3 mins walk away and is in Zone 2 – you can be in Covent Garden in 15 minutes! Holloway Road is another nearby station-Victoria line: 5 mins walk away. There is also nearby bars, restaurants and an Odeon cinema. Central Islington is a 10 min bus ride away.

I've attached to the mail more pictures of the flat and i hope you will like it. Rent is very reasonable at only £380 per month Including Utility bills and £400 refundable security deposit for the apartment.

My name is Emily Brown, i was born in the United Kingdom, I'm single, 31 years of age, i work as a marketer in the company i work for, I am a friendly, easy going and a happy person. I love meeting new people, having a good laugh and I'm always up for some fun. In saying that I also like to chill out and enjoy the finer things in life such as good food, wine and music. I am looking to live with like-minded people. Please let me know if you're interested so that we can proceed in your rent.

Have a nice day.

Emily.