Room for Rent and other rental scams
#359192 by Michelle Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Stephen Wiseman <[email protected]>

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry on my vacation rental. It’s available for your date. This property provides the comfort and convenience of a vacation home combined with the amenities of a condo hotel. This is a private unit and not shared. Below is the reservation information and more details about the Condo.

Property Address: 5151 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140
NIGHTLY rate: $80.00
Total Stay (8nights)
Arrival date: March 22
Departure date: March 30
Rental cost ($640.00)
Refundable damage deposit ($200.00)
Total Fees ($840.00)
Full Payment ($840.00)
The Refundable Security Deposit ($200) will be refund back to you by cash, check or money order base on your preferred option.

Accommodation and Amenities
Property Type:
condo
floor 4
Meals:
Guests provide their own meals
Location Type:
Beach View
Ocean View
General:
Air Conditioning
Clothes Dryer ...
Elevator
Fitness Room / Equipment
Garage ...
Hair Dryer
Internet
Iron & Board
Linens Provided
Living Room
Parking
Telephone
Towels Provided
Washing Machine ...
Free Wifi
Kitchen:
Coffee Maker
Dishes & Utensils
Dishwasher
Microwave
Oven
Stove
Toaster
Dining:
Dining Area
Bathrooms:
2 Bathrooms
Bedrooms:
2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Entertainment:
Books
DVD Player
Satellite / Cable
Stereo
Television
Outside:
Balcony
Deck / Patio
Lawn / Garden
Pool / Spa:
Communal Pool
Heated Pool
Local Services & Businesses:
ATM/bank
fitness center
groceries
laundromat
Notes:
So, there is nothing else to think about! Just contact me, and we'll take care of everything else

To reserve the apartment for your dates, you have to pay the deposit Via Cash Deposit, Western Union. Let me know if you are ready to proceed with the payment, So i can send you the rental agreement and reservation form and you are to fill all field and sign, then scan and attach it to your mail and send it back to me with the payment receipt/Confirmation. You will meet me on your arrival so i can give you the keys to the unit and show you around. Do you want to proceed ? If so I can send you the Contract Booking Form to fill then we proceed on the payment and once the payment is confirmed the reservation receipt will be send to you via the email to enable you sure the reservation is complete.

Thanks again for your inquiry.

Sincerely,
Stephen
(786) 384-7300

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement