Room for Rent and other rental scams
#359341 by Michelle Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:24 am

Hi,

LITTLE ABOUT ME: My name are White Sean Andrew ,I have spent almost all my 30 years in Washington DC, I work as a technical artist, I graduated from the University of San Francisco and really love my job. I am very fully active during the day, I'm an easy going person, very discreet, trustworthy, quiet but very friendly and respectful of others privacy, I'm clean and tidy and you'll never find my stuffs in common areas.

ABOUT THE APARTMENT: We are looking for someone who can rent a one bedroom apartment, the person must be a responsible, hard working professional or student with good accountability and integrity . Someone who's kind and enjoys making their home a comfortable and relaxed oasis to come home to. Things don't always have to look perfect, but general cleanliness is a must. We hope to find someone who shares our desire to produce a congruent atmosphere wherein the focus is less on adhering to a rigid set of house rules, but geared more towards kindness, empathy, and common sense..... I lived with my mother in the apartment, but now she is out of city due to her health(she is suffering from Dementia), she has requested to live close to her family In Texas for the rest of her life. I have also decided to move out with her and pursue my dream elsewhere, I can't leave her, she is all i got in my life, i believe she need me most now and more so the big reason of renting the apartment is to use the money to cover her medical expenses.

LOCATION: The apartment is situated in a peaceful location 2255 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007
PRICE: $1050 Per Month with all the bills and security deposit is $1050 which is refundable when you are leaving the apartment in good shape.
STATUS: Fully Furnished One Bedroom with living room, dining and Fully equipment in the kitchen.
CONDITION: Minimum stay is 1 month and maximum stay is 4 years (We plan to sell the apartment after 5 years)
MONTH: Starting from any time you arrive to the apartment.
INTERNET CONNECTION: 24/7
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: To prepare the lease agreement (By our family lawyer)
THE OWNER: Don't leave in the apartment anymore
ADDITIONAL FEES: There is no extra charges
ACCOMMODATION RELIABILITY: 100%
AGREEMENT LEASE: Monthly payment is OK
Also note that you will be living alone, the apartment is not shared with me or anyone unless you are moving in with a partner.

MANAGE: By me on behalf of my mother, our family lawyer is the third person involved too, so get back to me if you are really interested to rent the apartment, I will like to know little about you, where you are from and when you will like to move in? Also I'm confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you move in into the apartment.

I need you to tell me little about yourself and possibly with a picture as back up

When you want to move in

Are you in washington or just want to move in.

Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the Apartment.

Regards,
Andrew

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement