Room for Rent and other rental scams
#46653 by scamsquasher Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:20 pm
Like a good internet user I googled "rent an apartment in copenhagen" and followed links to expatriates.com and craigslist. Following are the names, emails, phone numbers and messages exchanged with scammers mainly based in Nigeria.

-my name- <-my email->
get back to me
2 messages
Henry Bruce <[email protected]> Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM
To: -my email-
Hello.
Thanks for your interest in the flat please specify the city in which you want the flat so i can get back to you with the full details because i advertise for myself and a friend of mine..i wait to read from you asap.

Regards

-my name- <-my email-> Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM
To: Henry Bruce <[email protected]>
I'm looking for an apartment in central copenhagen.

Let me know,
Thanks,
-my name-
[Quoted text hidden]
--
-my name-

-my name- <-my email->
my flat details in copenhagen
2 messages
Henry Bruce <[email protected]> Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM
To: -my email-
Thanks for your interest in our home,right now we are not in Copenhagen now,but firstly i would like to introduce myself,I am an engineer by profession (retired)originally from Louisville KY.I and my wife acquired the home recently and decided to rent the home out due to our busy schedule.Due to the fact that we are retired we decided to go on a 4 years voluntary missionary trip to Scotland and we are looking for a responsible citizen to take good care of the home in our absence..my flat is offered for rent fully furnished. Surfacing about 100sq meter, it has been totally renewed and it is close to the main shopping areas and public transports...
EQUIPMENTS
Cupboards, US kitchen fully equipped,and a bathroom with shower are some of the assets of the flat. Autonomous heating,secure door, code,inter phone,with fast internet connection Equipment in the flat,fridge,washing machine,antique oven,microwave,tv, desk, spacious closet, and tons of storage space all around, all zone dvd player,Each bedroom has its private Bathroom and Toilet...
COST
Two bedroom flat will cost you 600Euro per month with a security deposit of 900Euro refundable at the end of your stay if nothing is reported missing or damage in the flat during your stay .and if you are renting only one room out of the apartment it will cost you 300Euro per month and a deposit of 700Euro.if you are okay with the price of the apartment then get back to me if you are okay with the price of the apartment then get back to me,Please i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest couple,i will want you to take absolute care of my house,i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.and mind you ,i will not be around for the viewing of the apartment now,but i can attach the pictures of the place for you to have a look at what you are renting from me.. Get back to me for the other details of the apartment.......
my flat location:Reventlowsgade 16. DK-1651 Copenhagen DENMARK

you can also chat with me on my skype id..

henry_bruce1

Regards..

God bless you....

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:51:13 -0200
Subject: Re: get back to me
To: [email protected]

I'm looking for an apartment in central copenhagen.

Let me know,
Thanks,
-my name-

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Henry Bruce <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello.
Thanks for your interest in the flat please specify the city in which you want the flat so i can get back to you with the full details because i advertise for myself and a friend of mine..i wait to read from you asap.

Regards

--
-my name-
-my name- <-my email-> Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Draft To: Henry Bruce <[email protected]>
nigeria
[Quoted text hidden]
--
-my name-
Advertisement