Room for Rent and other rental scams
#361093 by Bryon Williams Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Thank for your email regarding my rental home. The home is still available for rent. I'm looking for a responsible tenant and neat person or family who can treat my property as his or her own. We request first month rent $844 and $600 security deposit fee before move in, for more details I can be reached or text us at (203) 742-0924

A brief introduction about myself so that you can have a clear picture of whom you're dealing with .My name is Yolanda Wilson and I'm easygoing person, responsible,hard working, and also have fear of God in mind . my hobbies are swimming,reading and traveling. In fact, I've been to Austria, France. but I'm presently in AZ. also like hanging out with friends and making new friends. presently our condo is still available for rent and its include utilities like hydro, washer and security,it is fully furnished.cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and washing machine, My Computer Connected with Internet Access and a good parking space. Also the keys to the place are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of my condo is most important thing.

One Mrs Yolanda price called me about the condo,I told her that I can't give her the condo because she loves smoking,drinking and don't want her to get drunk and damaged my property one day so If you are still interested, No extra fees.

I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as my new tenant. but i will not sleep in the condo with you for your privacy. so please i want you to complete the rent application form below for the next step.

So I hope you will promise to take very good care of the property when you move in which is my main concern and I'll love a tenant to landlord relationship between us this is why I want to handle this all by myself, whereby you and I can ask questions, get things done and build a good rental relationship, I want a scenario whereby my tenant and I can communicate as family and not strangers, hope you get my points?
Here is an question you need to answer for us to know you more better and use it to fill the original application form with us here in other to proceed on sending the keys and document to you, I'll like to know few things about you and your family such as below.

TENANT CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION FORM

Full Name__________________________________________________ ?

Home Phone ( ) ________________________?

Date of Birth_________________________________?

Other Phone ( ) ___________________?

Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________?

Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________?

Are you married____________________________?

How many people will be living in the condo_____________________?

Do you have a pet____________________________?

Do you have a car____________________________?

Occupation____________________________?

Move In Date________________________?

How Long Did You Want To Stay________________________?

How Many Month Rent are you Willing to pay ( First 1 month rent + Security bond deposit = $1,444 USD ) OR if you pay ( First 2 month rent + Security Bond Deposit = $1,800 USD ) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ________________________?

Please have this in mind that you are talking to a very nice and good family, if you find any of our question inconvenience please don't be offended but answer it because we want and like to know the kind of family that will be living in our house from day one so nothing from them will be strange to us again.

Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apartment to you.

Thank you and Stay Blessed.

(203) 742-0924
Mrs Yolanda Wilson

Yolanda Wilson < [email protected] > wrote:

> Thank you very much for your interest in our apartment. and also I can see your willingness in this apartment and want to congratulate you that you are the one chosen to take our apartment. I want you to know that we are satisfied with your profile and i have forward a copy of your application form down to my husband and and also i believe we can trust you because l would not be happy if you fail to keep to your promises. attached is the pictures of the property and also pictures of me and my family.
>
> I want you to know that we can let you stay in our apartment till the period of time you wish to.I hope you are aware that all the utilities are included in the monthly rent..we will be receiving the deposit as an upfront payment from you via Money Gram OR Western Union Transfer and the monthly rent will be send directly to our bank account....From your application l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person, May the Almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do.
>
> Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via FedEx courier service.
>
>
> 1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
> 2)Paper/Permanent Apartment form(Containing your reference details)
> 3)The Apartment documented file.
> 4)Payment Receipts.
> 5)Full address and description of the Apartment.
>
>
> As soon as the deposit payment has been confirmed by me Money Gram OR Western Union, l will go ahead and commence on how the keys/documents of the apartment will be delivered to you via FedEx Courier service on Next Day Delivery and it will have to be delivered to the address you will be providing. Once again We're giving you this apartment based on trust and do not disappoint us because we don't want our apartment to be destroyed.
>
>
> You will be sending the deposit payment upfront so that we can send you the keys/documents and once you move in then you can send the rest payment to my husband account in here. Let me know if I can forward my details for you to send the deposit through any Money Gram OR Western Union outlet closer to you.
>
> (203) 742-0924
>
> Looking forward to hear from you soonest.
> Thanks and God bless you
> Mrs Yolanda Wilson.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank Transfer payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement