Room for Rent and other rental scams
#46921 by Con Warner Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:21 am
Subject: Re: Apartment
To: Con Warner
Date: Monday, February 14, 2011, 1:55 AM

Thanks for your interest in my apartment. To tell you little about myself. I'm a graduate with a degree in construction management and I formerly work in a management position at Heery international, aconstruction company. I'm easy going and friendly. I like Music and have deep interests in travelling. I respect every religion and love to hang around with people and i am definitely not a trouble maker and very helpful in nature. Presently I'm in London - UK working with a private construction company and I will be here for long that is why am renting out my apartment.

The apartment is located at: 250 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

The apartment is a modern & spacious one bedroom and full bathroom furnished apartment and is strategically located in a very cool and lovely environment with five (5) appliances including dishwasher with in-suite laundry and plenty of storage space and parking space, professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful living arrangements. Freshly painted and immaculately clean.

The rent is $600 monthly including utilities and $600 damage deposit. I will like you to drive by to the building at your convenient time to view the exterior of the apartment for you to know where the apartment is located and get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures to you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks.

Waiting to hear from you soon,

Regards
John

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Thanks for your interest in my apartment. The apartment is available for long term and short term lease is acceptable. The building is in a great location situated in the quiet and safe area and offers secure access. internet, cable, laundry in-suite, storage facilities, heat, water, electric and parking is included in the rent and pet are allowed.

I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me. So I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the apartment always.

Attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks, I will like you to get back to me with your final decision after viewing the interior pictures and let me know if you are interested in proceeding with the rental so that I can forward the application form to you.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Regards
John

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement