Room for Rent and other rental scams
#362093 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:28 pm
Subject: 237 S Duncan St, Baltimore - Newly Renovated Sunny 1 BR/1BA Rowhome

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry about my home. I'm the owner, my name is Bruce Richardson.

A few words about the place: it is pet friendly, it has 702 sq. ft, 1 bedroom and 1 bath, it is fully furnished, very clean and you can move in right away. It has cable TV/Netflix/HBO, WiFi internet, a fully equipped kitchen with all major appliances, washer/dryer and a private back patio with a hot tub.

The monthly rent is $1,100 - all utilities included. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 3 years or more, because right now and most of the time I'm offshore, working as chief engineer on a cruise ship.

If you're still interested please get back to me and we'll talk about a possible lease agreement.

I would also appreciate some details about yourself and your desired lease term. I am welcoming quiet, respectful tenants from all backgrounds.

Thank you!
Bruce Richardson
[email protected]
(667) 239-9686

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#362094 by Bryon Williams Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Domain Name: ATLANTICSHIPSCREW.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2217119941_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2018-01-23T17:19:20Z
Creation Date: 2018-01-23T17:19:18Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-01-23T17:19:18Z

667-239-9686
(667) 239-9686
Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#365466 by Bryon Williams Thu May 24, 2018 2:55 pm
Subject: 627 N Pennsylvania St, Indianapolis - Historic 2BR Condo w/Private Balcony

Good morning,

Thank you for your inquiry about my condo. I'm the owner, my name is Bruce Richardson.

A few words about the place: it is pet friendly, it has 1447 sq. ft, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, it is fully furnished (but it could also come unfurnished) and very clean. It has cable TV, WiFi internet, a fully equipped kitchen with all major appliances, in unit washer/dryer, a residents parking permit and a private balcony with outdoor seating.

The monthly rent is $1,100 - utilities included. I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 3 years or more, because right now and most of the time I'm offshore, working as chief engineer on a cruise ship.

If you're still interested please get back to me and we'll talk about a possible lease agreement.

I would also appreciate some details about yourself and your desired lease term. I am welcoming quiet, respectful tenants from all backgrounds.

Thank you!
Bruce Richardson
[email protected]
(317) 854-5713

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.