Room for Rent and other rental scams
#364055 by Michelle Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 am
James Pickard <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thank you for having interest, The apartment is still available for rent. I am renting it out for both short and long term period of time depending on how long lease you are willing to sign.

The rent is 12,500Czk / month All cost included in the rent are: (Water, gas, electric, Internet with WiFi + Cable TV 180 programs)

Additional cost of 10,000Czk for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

My apartment is located at (Vlašská 353/14, 118 00 Prague 1-Malá Strana, Czech Republic)

Presently, I moved back to Britain to complete my work with my company (J Breheny Contractors Ltd) this is the reason why i am renting out this apartment.

But all you need to do is go straight to the address to take a look of the apartment from the outside and i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked as i have took the keys along with me because i don't want my apartment to be used anyhow in my absence.

Attached to this email are more interior pictures of the Apartment for you to have an idea how the inside looks like.

Before any reservation, can you tell me little expression about yourself,

Where are you from and also where are you presently?
Present occupation?
what is your gender and How old are you?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
How many proposed occupants?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
How many month rent you can pay upon moving in?
Did you have car?
Mobile Number #?
Best time to call you?

I will be waiting for your response as soon as possible. You can simply Call / Text me at my phone number (+44) 7949224615 for further discussion on the property.

Best Regards
James

James Pickard <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me, I will be willing to rent out my Apartment to you since there is a perfect procedure that we both have to undergo before we can proceed further.

I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this Apartment and i want you to treat it as your own so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

But for you to reserved the Apartment we will both sign a lease agreement and this will be send to you through attached mail for you to see the terms and condition of the contract and if you are okay with the terms and condition then you can proceed with the payment of your first month rent and the security deposit.

After that i will be shipping the Apartment Keys, Paper / permanent home (which contains your reference) via DHL courier services (1-2 day shipment)

Fill out the required information below to draft for the lease agreement:

Your full name:
A scanned copy of your picture and a passport id:
Your arrival date:
Your departure date:
Your current address:
Earliest possible date of deposit payment:

Please send your correct current address because i would use that in posting down the keys and your payment receipt to you after we must have finalized the lease agreement.

I will be waiting for the above information soon. If i didn't response to your call that means am busy at work.

Best Regards
James

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement