Room for Rent and other rental scams
#364217 by Michelle Thu May 10, 2018 1:37 pm
Qaissa Hemkes <[email protected]>:
You contact me from finland forum about my room in Helsinki, so Thanks for having interest in my 1 bedroom apt ,the property belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the Apartment since my father passed away, After the death of my father my mother remarry to another man in Italy where she stay now, the place is 3 bedroom flat, I live in this Apartment now and you will be my flatmate while you will have your own private bedroom, toilet and bathroom while we will share living room and kitchen and you will have full access to everywhere in the apartment etc and ,the neighborhood is very quite and safe, i don't mind having you in this Place...I do work in a Health hospital here and i am a busy girl,

A little about myself.

my name is Qaissa 20 years old,I am female Originally from Netherlands but my late father own apartment here in Helsinki , I enjoy meeting people from different cultures, I like to help people around me, that is the reason why i choose to work in Health Service Center, I love to travel, I like going out to bars, I really love shopping, I like to exercise, I like to do pretty much anything social, but I also love to stay home and cuddle up with a good book or DVD..and again i really like sports and cooking. Love Deep muses, Surrealism, Philosophy, esp. Eastern, adore nature, kids & animals, exploring city, absurd & sublime, sundry & divine.

The exact address is: Kristianinkatu 20, 00170 Helsinki Finland

350euros per month /for 1 bedroom including the utilities, fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, electricity bill, Internet charges and others 510euros for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

I am a kind and honest person and my mother have spent time and resources a lot on this Apartment, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of the flat and want you to manage it as your own if eventually you will be the occupant. I want you to promise me that you will not disappoint me at the long run. is that taken? It is not all for money sake but I want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat .will like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat ? Am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat while you will have your private bathroom .I attached the picture of the apartment for viewing. Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the flat,

Best Regards.
Qaissa

You will have your own private bedroom,toilet and bathroom,we will just share living room and kitchen and you will have full access to all the apartment and each bedroom have balcony,.I can see that we match each other and we have so many things in common,from your message we will be a good flatmate,I forward your message to my mother in Italy and she also said you sound like a good flatmate ,You will need to reserve this room now because some people also contact me but i ignore them because of you and my mother want the serious person that pay first you will need to receive the attachment of the lease contract agreement and pay once you receive agreement and pay the room will be 100% reserve for you so Thanks for your respond and also for the introduction of your self .you will have right to use everywhere in the apartment,you really sound great,never mind i can reserve the apartment for you since there is a perfect procedure that we both have to undergo before you can proceed with the payment.

However If you really have interest in renting the apt just let me have your

FULL NAME,
YOUR EXACT ARRIVAL DATE,
YOUR DEPARTURE DATE,
YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS
A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT ID OR YOUR PICS,

So that i can quickly instruct our family lawyer to prepare the Tenant agreement form for you, to see the terms and condition of the contract and if you are okay with the terms and condition then you can proceed with the one month rent and the security deposit to my mother secretary in Italy via Bank to Bank money transfer so that the apartment can be reserve for you till your arrival date so i want you to follow this instruction because there are alot of people that also have interest in renting the room,but my mother prefer the most serious person

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail.for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment ,i'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to bring along with you when moving in and you will be more than happy when you get to the apartment

Qaissa

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement