#369424 by Bryon Williams Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm
Domain Name: TM-TURNER.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2279296508_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2018-06-25T23:25:01Z
Creation Date: 2018-06-25T23:24:58Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-06-25T23:24:58Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#369803 by J2wisted Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 pm
This particular Gentleman is keeping himself VERY busy. literally he's his own "Joann The Scammer"

His 1st email was to my spouse...

Hello XXXX,
I've received your inquiry about my home for rent that I have on 15210 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the home, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
This property comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 1000.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the home and I had the entire property completely renovated, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own place and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the rental process. Here is a brief description of how it works:
The process is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my property to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.
Please reply if you want to know more about the lease process and I will send you the step by step procedure.
Find attached more photos and let me know if you like the apartment.

Best Regards,
I.A.D.C. Certified Engineer - Michael Turner

Hello again XXXX,
Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, HomeAway will handle the rental process on my behalf due to my offshore job. Also you can secure the apartment now and move in when your current lease ends or when you want.
The first step (Starting the process):
I will have to contact the HomeAway agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. That being said I will need your full name, the rental period with exact move-in date, how many people will live there, your email, your phone number and a copy of your ID or Passport so we can initiate the rental process.
Step two (Reservation):
HomeAway will require from you a security deposit of $800 to confirm reservation ( which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment ). Once you confirm reservation I will immediately book my next flight and organize the walk-through. If you are in a hurry to move in I could send you the keys by FedEx at your current address. It goes without saying that I will not book a flight or send any keys before you pay the security deposit to HomeAway and confirm the reservation !
The $800 security deposit will play as holding fee as well and will be refunded immediately with no questions asked if you don't like the place or once the contract will end if you decide to rent. ( But only if the apartment is not vandalized or something). A 30 days advance notice is required in case you need to leave early.
If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to provide a valid ID, pay the first month rent and sign the lease agreement. After you move in, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account or you can continue paying through HomeAway.
If you find it acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the HomeAway reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.

Very important !! Please reply only if you fully understand the process as I have been disappointed lately with unserious persons when it comes to reserving. Please remember that I'll have to pay transaction fees and just in case you change your mind I will not receive a refund from them!

Best Regards,
IADC Certified Engineer /Michael Turner

Confidentiality Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Needless to say, this whole thing ended with me reporting the emails to not only HomeAway.com but filing a formal complaint with the FTC. I'm sure all of this will catch up with this creative guy sooner then later.

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. best part is the emails in the other threads are so identical, he's going to have to step up his fraud game haha.
#370763 by Hannahmcgarvey Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm
Sadly, this guy is still doing this and he has changed his email from mt-turner to tm-turner, so beware. I received this same copy and paste email and thought it sounded fishy since it had all the red flags of a scam. First of all I looked up the real price of the apartment he had emailed me about and it’s a downtown San Diego apartment that runs $3000+ a month and he had it listed for $800. :roll: Second, he wanted to do the rental through HomeAway (this gives the “renter” no rights) NEVER RENT THROUGH AIRBNB, HomeAway, or any of these types of websites!!! You are not protected in ANY way. Third he gave the old excuse of oh I work out of town or offshore (never believe this either). I can’t believe he’s doing this to people all over the country. It really is sad and I feel bad for the people falling for this because I almost did before doing my research. I HATE scammers doing this it really makes searching for an apartment so discouraging because 90% of the rentals I find on Craigslist are 100% scams. I find Zillow to be the most reliable. The thing that irritates me the most is the background story these people give, this one guy told me his mom had dementia which is why he was living out of state for the time being. I looked up his email and of course, a scammer. These people are horrible and I hope they get what they deserve.
#371006 by cannibalqueen Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm
Hello xxxxxxxxxx,
I've received your inquiry about my home for rent that I have on 520 S State St, Chicago, IL 60605.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the property, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
This home comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 700.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the home and I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the rental process. Here is a brief description of how it works:
The procedure is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my property to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.
Please reply if you want to know more about the lease process and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Best Regards,
Email: [email protected]

Confidentiality Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the I.A.D.C. - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the I.A.D.C. - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
#371321 by Nora Tveiten Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:33 am
Hello xxxx,
I've received your inquiry about my home for rent that I have on 445 Island Ave, San Diego, CA 92101.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the apartment, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
This apartment comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 800.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term contract (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and I had the entire property completely refurbished, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own home and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
The procedure is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my property to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.

Best Regards,

Confidentiality Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the I.A.D.C. - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the I.A.D.C. - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
#371338 by mauric99 Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:18 pm
Yep I just almost fell for this fucking scam....thank God my sixth sense went into overdrive once I started reading the guy needed to do some crap with Homeaway, the monthly rent was just too good to be true especially in Miami. Stay clear of this asshole:

I've received your inquiry about my property for rent that I have on 253 NE 2nd St, Miami, FL 33132.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the apartment, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
This property comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 600.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the home and I had the entire property completely renovated, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own residence and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the lease process. Here is a brief description of how it works:
The procedure is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my apartment to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.
Please reply if you want to know more about the rental process and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Best Regards,
#371432 by ksky012 Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 pm
Unfortunately, I almost fell for this scam in Boston, I knew $600 for a studio was too good but it was my wishful thinking. :( now I have to find an actual place to live within 2 weeks :yikes: :bondage:
#374293 by Amber67 Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:23 am
I found a listing on apartments.com, looked great. But knew there was something off when he sent me his first email. I communicated with him a bit, but I checked out the site he mentioned, HomeAway, and saw it was just vacation rentals. Then the listing was gone from apartments.com. I kept emailing him, asking him about these weird things and I think he knew I knew it was phishy (hah). Ugh, these guys really piss me off. I was really excited about this.
Luckily I found this website before I went any further. Marked it as spam in my email.

Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 8:45 AM
Subject: Gorgeous Apartment on 320 W 111th St, New York, NY 10026

Hello XXX,
I've received your inquiry about my property for rent that I have on 320 W 111th St, New York.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the property, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 1200.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the property and I had the entire property completely renovated, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own house and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
The system is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my home to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.

Best Regards,

#374702 by genoveseroe Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 pm
I was just scammed this week from this person. I was looking for an apartment in Boca Raton, Florida. he had one posted thru Facebook stating the same exact things. He emailed me all the documents with an invoice, rental agreement from Home Away. Being a trusting person, I sent this person $900 for a deposit which was cash deposited thru a Bitcoin ATM. He emailed me and said he received the funds and the keys and package would go out in the morning. Its now been 6 days and no package, no keys and no response to any further emails. i am disabled and have Lupus and this is the last thing I need. I am about to key kick out of my current place because i sent this guy my rent money. What Do I Do????? He can;t get away with this!!!
#374859 by jacque.swann Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:00 pm
I've received your inquiry about my home for rent that I have on Euclid St NW, Washington, DC.
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week at the job). I own the home, not subletting or something like that. So the apartment is not shared, you will live alone in the unit (or get a roommate).
This home comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 600.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and I had the entire property completely renovated, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own residence and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
Being offshore and with so limited options I must use HomeAway for the lease process. Here is a brief description of how it works:
The procedure is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my home to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.
Please reply if you want to know more about the rental process and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Best Regards,

I just got scammed out of $1200 through Bitcoin, that I can't afford to lose. I am an Army veteran on a strict. income. How can I even get that back!?
#375284 by scamLookSoPrettyDoe Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:03 am
YUUUUUUUUUP ugh these are the same exact emails i got when looking into a random listing i found online. Glad i kept watchin my feet to not give any money before trying to confirm ownership. if the mod really wants the emails you could reply with it. the one in your signature did not work for me.
#375522 by redhotpeg Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:46 pm
This person has posted the same email to several victims. Saying they will send a cashier's check which would be fake along with extra money for transport of far. The cashier's check will be fake, - if you deposit by it they will then change their mind about renting & request funds back. She sends almost word for word to several victims, same story about her sister died. Stay away.Thanks
back to me, My name is Wan Limeng. I am 24yrs old.I'm fun-loving, personal,friendly,clean, caring,and respectful of others.A non smoker,don't do drugs,not a drinker and drama free. I've been searching and searching for two weeks for a place and been having no luck,Males/females doesn't matter as well as homes with a lot of roommates. I graduated last year.I am single and have no children.However, I don't have Pets. I'm coming for my masters degree.I was born and raised in allston massachusetts.. My dad is from there too but my mum is from Canada.I'm on research work at Boston University, I'm almost done with that because its part of my prerequisite for my masters in Micro Biology .I would have loved to call you but but here is a remote area calls hardly go through but i receive text messages and email.I'm really interested in renting from you and I want to know everything about the place. I do really love pets but I don't have any at the moment.I would have loved to see it but I'm very far,but with pictures,I am glad.I will also like you to tell me more about yourself and if you have pets. I don't smoke.Please let me know the total payment of the place and moreover I will send your email to my dad for him to email you later because He's the one that will be paying the bills ( Rent and deposit fees ), but nevertheless, Kindly get back to me with your information below:

First Name:
Last Name:
Full address: Not P.O.BOX
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Total Amount For A Month :

Phone Number: That i can send text message so that my Dad will issue out the payment (Cashier Check) for the place as soon as possible,with that you can hold on the place for me till I come.Thanks and have a nice day.
Last edited by AlanJones on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
#375611 by Bulletdodger1030 Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 pm
Randomly found this post when looking him up after most recent email. These are the emails I got for him.

Hello ____,
I've received your inquiry about my home for rent that I have on N Green St ,Chicago, IL.
This apartment comes fully furnished, ready for move-in as we speak. A clean and quiet apartment with cable TV, high-speed WiFi internet, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Two garaged parking spots and if you prefer to use your own furniture there is a storage unit where I can deposit my furniture before you move in. Well behaved pets are allowed. In my opinion it is the perfect area to live in, quiet and safe neighborhood.
The monthly rent for the entire apartment will be 900.00- utilities included (electricity, heat, cable, water, sewer). I'm looking for long-term lease (minimum 2 months - maximum is up to you). My job is inspecting offshore oil rigs so I will never bother you during your rental period.
My previous tenants practically destroyed the apartment and I had the entire property completely renovated, everything is brand new (see attached photos). I am looking after good tenants who will treat my property as their own residence and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself.
The system is pretty simple, as owner I need to submit information about my home to HomeAway, my details and some documents. Then they will process the tenant's details as well.

Best Regards,

Then I replied with a request for a showing and got this reply

As I mentioned before I'm currently on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean. I have an awful experience in inviting people to come, view or reserve the apartment. Most of them didn't even have the money to pay the rent and I lost a lot of time and money. Unfortunately, (since the deposit is 100% refundable and you have nothing to worry about or losing money) a visit before reservation is not possible.

After this I looked him up and found out other people had a similar experience. Thanks for the warning.