Room for Rent and other rental scams
#364695 by Bryon Williams Tue May 15, 2018 5:09 pm
Matthew Dearing < [email protected] > wrote:

Hi ,

Our property is only available from May 30th and is $1000per month

Note : Tax, utilities and other fees has all been added to your rental fees.

If you have questions or would like to reserve the property, email me.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

YOUR QUOTE

RENTAL AMOUNT(1 MONTH): $1000

REFUNDABLE Security FEE. $500

TOTAL FEE : $1,500

DEPOSIT 1 MONTH OF THE RENTAL FEE ($1000) plus

Security FEE OF: ($500) = $1,500

BALANCE : MONTHLY

The Security is refundable at the end of the lease.

THERE IS ALSO 20% DISCOUNT FOR FULL PAYMENT

If you are satisfied with the quote and would like to book this rental, Kindly get back to me so we can proceed

Regards

Matthew Dearing <[email protected]> wrote:

There is a current tenant in the home and they will be moving out before your move in date , you can come view the home and the neighborhood but you can't have access to view inside as we are trying to maintain privacy and standard for the current couple .you will surely have a walk through of the unit as they will be moving out prior to your move in date.You can proceed on securing the apartment for your move in date .it's just as described in the Ad....Kindly let me know what you decide

Thanks

Subject: Condo rate

Hello ,

Attached is the Rental contract Kindly get it signed and send back to me via email asap.one of our property manager information will be sent to you to make the deposit, Once payment is been confirmed then the apartment can be reserved for you .Rental Receipt and Keys will be issued to check you in on your arrival day. Regards

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement