Room for Rent and other rental scams
#364898 by Michelle Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 am
Kristine Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

The apartment is available for short or long-term periods (minimum two months), has all the facilities and utilities: TV,
dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, internet access, pets allowed .
Also very important: all utilities (heating, water and electricity) are included in the rent.
Here are some photos of the apartment: https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-4MC7Lr/
I need to know for how long you want to rent the apartment?
We are looking for a responsible tenant, and I hope I can get some information from you:

Name and surname:
Telephone number:
How old are you?:
How many people will be living in the house ?:
Do you have a pet ? :
What is your job?:
Do you smoke?:
Do you have references ?:
When you want to move in the apartment ?:
A few words about you:

I give you my best regards and I am waiting a answer,
Kristine Larsen

Kristine Larsen <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your very quick response, as I told you I am in Lithuania, but this is not a problem for this transaction because I still have a contract with Airbnb, and they will help us to close the deal.
Here is a brief description of how it works:
I need your full name and address so you can receive your invoice as a guest from Airbnb.
Once I will receive your info I will forward them to my Airbnb agent.
You will receive an invoice from them directly to your email address, where you will find their payment information's that you will use to make the deposit, 1 month rent + security deposit = 12.000 DKK.
After Airbnb will receive and confirm your deposit, an agent will bring you the keys and the contract at your exact address.
You will have 2 days to decide whether you want to rent it or not.
In case you do not want to rent the apartment for any reason you will receive a refund from Airbnb in 2/3 days.
In the event that you understood all Airbnb terms and conditions please send me your information's and a photocopy of your ID (front,back) or Passport :

Arrival:
Adults:
children:

Name:
Surname:
Address:
City:
Telephone Number:

Best regards,
Kristine L.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement

#365783 by odbest Mon May 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Thank you for putting this information online. I responded to an advert on DBA.DK for an apartment to let in Valby, Copenhagen (Bramslykkevej 16, 2500 København) and got the exact response above to my email address. I am very glad that I typed in 'famlarsen' into Google and found out that this is a SCAM!.
#371385 by Lynge Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 am
Hi all
re Kristine Larsen Rental Scam.
Re Brøndkærvej 12, 1. tv, 2500 Valby, Denmark. Booking #31698635
For me the same....I got tricked
Found the advertising in Danish rental portal on 2 May 2018 and the conditions matched my requirements.
Kristine confirm I can have the apartment and I should register at AirBnB which I found truthful as I did that regularly.
AirBnB send email instruction from [email protected] and forward banking instruction to Euro account in Lithuania for name
Michal Kalina
Bank name: UAB Mistertango, Vilnius, Lithuania SWIFT MIEGLT21
asking me to transfer deposit and one month rent total Euro 1,610.
Transfer was made 7 May 2018.
I would then be handed the key. Nothing happen.
Then Kristine Larsen claimed she had received better long term offer and made a lot of explanations, but I was in need urgently for accommodation and I was tricked to pay two extra months rental in total Euro 1,610 to same account. This took place 24 May 2018. Then she vanished and nothing further contact was replied.
I also have tried to get connection to AirBnB. both .com and .dk....But AirBnB will not reply.
I have through my Danish bank making the transfers tried to retrieve the total Euro 3,220 /DKK 25.000 but nothing happen.
I myself have contacted Mistertango Bank in Litauen and got one email reply from Ms. Olga, but now refuse to answer any further inquiries.
For the address in question 9 other people are registered as living there presently.

:oops: