Room for Rent and other rental scams
#365019 by Bryon Williams Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm
Subject: Payment request for reservation N°7542248

Payment Details
Bank Transfer is considered the most secure payment in homeaway Rentals Services. Each transaction is managed by Administrator. homeaway delegates ACCOUNT NAME, hereinafter referred to as Administrator to assist with Reservation ID: N°7542248
Amount Insured: €1580

ACCOUNT NAME: HUC CRINA IULIANA
IBAN: IT07 G076 0110 4000 0104 1470 475
BIC (Bank Identifier Code): BPPIITRRXXX
BANK ADDRESS: VIA VERONA ,28, 15121, ALESSANDRIA

NOTE: You must provide your Reservation ID in the payment references field in order to process your transaction.
The payment must be confirmed within 24 hours. In opposite case, your reservation request will expire.
Once the payment is completed, e-mail the host Silke Goldin with the following information:

- scanned copy of the BANK transfer and/or the receipt.
Cancellation Policy
Flexible: Full refund 1 day prior to arrival.

ACCOMMODATIONS - 1 MONTH RENT €580
DEPOSIT €1000

HomeAway SERVICE (INCLUDING VAT) €0

Total €1580
THANKS FOR TRAVELING WITH homeaway

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#374861 by Michelle Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm
HomeAway <[email protected]>

Your reservation request has been sent.

We have received your request for property ID N°7427317

Please note: You have been registered as tenant with the following details:

Property type: Apartment
Rental period: 12 months (with possibility extension)
Monthly rent: 400 €
Security Deposit: 1200 €
Move in date: 01/11/2018 (flexible)

The total amount of payment: 14190 €.

Below is the cost for your reservation. Please review the details to ensure that all the information is correct.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#376617 by maryts Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 pm
Unfortunately I didn't read that before.. and now it is too late for me. Please tell me.. can I do something?Can I report it somewhere?
#376684 by alinasal Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:46 am
Too late for me too but i hope it will help others:

Email: Home Away <[email protected]>
Subject: Checkout - Reservation ID #EU68W864830

Thank you for choosing our HomeAway. Through this e-mail we have the pleasure to inform that you have agreement in stand by with HomeAway.

Your request to establish a private viewing for the following property has been approved.

Property Information

Address: Hagenauer Strasse 3
Property Type: Apartment
City: Berlin
Rooms: 2
Postal code: 10435
Bathrooms: 1
Living space: 60 m²

Transaction Details

Transaction ID: EU68W864830
Rent/Month (two months) : 2 x 800.00 EUR
Insured damage Deposit : 800.00 EUR
Amount insured: 2400.00 EUR

Landlord

First Name: Oluf
Last Name: Hoffmann
Address: Engelstoftsgade 18
City: Odense
Postal code: 5000

Apartment rental contract verified signed by the landlord. Owner of the apartment in: Hagenauer Strasse 3, 10435 Berlin, Germany. All the papers are double checked.

*Please check that the delivery details are accurate in order to avoid delays.
Package content: Apartment Keys,key-card access, and Rental Contract verified signed by the Owner

Who pays HomeAway service: Landlord
Length of Inspection Period allowed for Tenant: 5 days
Payment Method: Online Bank Transfer
Rental Guarantee Service: HomeAway Payments Guarantee (covered up to EUR 10,000.00)

After the reception of funds a confirmation e-mail will be forwarded to the owner of the apartment. The funds will not be disbursed to the owner until the final contract is signed by tenant.

*NOTE: In a short time you will receive a second email which will contain payment instructions with the mail subject: HomeAway - Checkout

Thank you for choosing HomeAway!

----

Dear XXX,

For the first transaction made through our website you only have Bank Transfer as payment option. We also accept payments online via Bank Transfers.

Payment Instructions
Next step is to transfer the transaction amount to HomeAway certified bank account.

Money Transfer Service: Online Bank Account Transfer
Amount to transfer: EUR 2400.00
Amount insured: EUR 2400.00

Please make payment to the following bank account:

Acc. Holder: H.A Artur Spalinski
Receipt Number: EU68W864830
IBAN: PL66 1940 1076 3194 1174 0000 0000
BIC: AGRIPLPRXXX (NOTED = MB)

In order for our agents to be able to validate your transfer in the shortest period of time possible , please send an e-mail confirmation and the scanned receipt from your bank to the following email address: [email protected]

*** Once the bank transfer clears and our payment department confirms payment, we will start the shipping process. The funds will be hold in our trust fund account until the tenant approves or decline the transaction.

*NOTES: - The transfer must be made within 48 hours after you will receive this payment invoice!

As a payment reference please use your receipt number: EU68W864830.

Please use the details exactly as written above. Do not modify account name or account details otherwise your payment will be rejected by our system.

Account names are generated to be unique for each transaction so we can identify your payments faster.