Room for Rent and other rental scams
#365414 by Bryon Williams Thu May 24, 2018 12:33 am
Subject: New tenant inquiry for624 E Maple St

Thanks for your interest in the house. I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business. However my name is Jimmy R Lawson. I own the house. Due to my volunteering work with Catholic Mission Organization.I have been transfer to Las Vegas. You can check our missionary website(catholicvolunteernetwork.org)I spent less time in the States,but this time around i will be spending the next 4-7 years in (Las Vegas,NV) so I could not get a good terms on any Realtor to handle this rent issue. However, the initial plan was to put the house on the market has For sale, which I did through MLS (MULTI LEASING SERVICES), but the asking price from interested buyers are too poor,so i have change to plan 'B' that is renting out the property this time around, I am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website, that is the old ads because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as his/her own. Our home is available now for rent at $600 with a security deposit of $600 including the Utilities like Heat, A/C in wall/window, Hydro, cable, Garbage Disposal, Fireplace , Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer, Breakfast Bar,Dining Table and Sofa Set,Refrigerator,Canopied deck overlooking nature.,internet access e.t.c. I want to let you know that money is not our problem but what we are looking for is absolute care of the home when you move in into the home, We are looking out for someone that can always keep the home clean and tidy. So please I want you to standby on the lease agreement you will sign with us. We are kind and honest Family, we don't like disappointing people and we don't want anyone to disappoint us, We spent a lot on our house that we want to give to you for rent, Once again we are not after the money, but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.Pet are allowed.

NB: There's no way you can see the inside of the house cause the keys are down here with me You can drive by and check the neighborhood and get back to me for further discussion, any sign post will be removed once i get any responsible tenant so you ignore the sign post because i have stop dealing and contacting the Realtor for too much fees i pay.

House Address : 624 E Maple St,York, PA 17403

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone numbers (home,cell and office line ) # :__________?
E-mail :__________?
Best time to call :__________?
Marital Status:__________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Present Address :__________?
City/State :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
Preferred move in date :__________?
Intended length of lease:__________?
Do you agree to pay the payment before you move in:__________?
Earliest possible date of deposit payment:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Are you a section 8 applicant
Do you work late night :__________?
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?
============================== =======
Application Comment
============================== ======

Regards and God bless.
I ___________________, Certify that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above. Looking forward to hear from you with the rental application form so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the keys and receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the keys to you, please I am giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this property and God bless you more as you do this. Pets are welcome.

I look forward to hear from you ASAP I can be reach here my number you call me or text me : (725) 696 1792.

Regards and God bless.
Jimmy R Lawson.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#365525 by Becwatki Fri May 25, 2018 5:48 am
I received the same email but the amour of rent was different and a different address. I was led to this site by checking the phone number that was in email Glad it didn't go any further