Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367183 by Michelle Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:44 am
Am barnaba <[email protected]>

Thanks for contacting me and your interest in this property. Its very nice to read from you, This is a 2 Bedroom apartment for rent that wants to be rented out, I'm currently in TURKEY right now on a business trip. so we are looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of the apartment. I must confess to you that you are a lucky tenant to be because I don't really want to rent/lease the property but I advised my wife to do so. I left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And I don't want home misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me and you would be the only occupant of this unit as renting this room will give you access to the rest of the house and you won' t have no one to share with. It is not share accommodation, it's all for you and your family, The money is not the actual reason for the rent, but the need for someone to occupy the apartment so as to maintain the facilities in the apartment, so I hope you will promise us to take very good care of the apartment. We are looking to rent this place out for 3 to 6 months or 1 year lease

So please get back to me on how you could take care of our apartment or perhaps experience you have in renting apartment, Hope you are okay with the price of Per Week with utilities like :- Stove - Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker ,Full Kitchen ,Coffee maker ,TV/VCR ,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided ,High Speed Internet ,CD Player ,Cable/Satellite TV,Double/twin zip & link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, Kitchen Electric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils ,Microwave ,Washer & dryer ,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron and ironing board ,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast Internet access ,Pedestal Fan ,Free parking.

I look forward to hearing from you asap. Kindly fill out the rent application form attach to this email if you are interested. Like I said, the point I am emphasizing on is your ability to take good care of the apartment for us because that's the only property we have left in the Country, View attached file for the apartment pictures.. Looking forward to hear from you soon.and below is the address of the apartment.

Apartment Address : 18 Park Lane, Chippendale, NSW 2008

Rent: is $200 AUD per week including all utilities

Thanks

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement