Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367472 by Michelle Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm

We own the Apartment at 130 8th Ave Brooklyn, NY 11215 listed for $1200 with security deposit $800. is very much available for a ready to move in tenant.Utilities: water,Gas and electric are included.

However,I am writing to inform you that we have taken the add off craigslist because my wife has chosen you and one Edwin Perez as our best choice to rent to.

Which mean I will have to come down from Green bay alone to meet with either one of you. whoever that is more serious, you know getting an apartment in NY is very stressful. What we want basically is for a good and neat tenant to live in the apartment while we are here..

Before I come down I would like to know if you are ready and have the total of 1 month rent and security deposit? because I had traveled all the way only to be disappointment by a renter previously, where the renter had issues with his pay check therefore causing me a wasted time and expenses. I'm not ready to go through same experience again.

Kindly let us know If you can prove to us that you have the required funds one month and security deposit? definitely not by sending us money.

I will be waiting to hear back from you to see what we can work out.

Regards.
John Weatherley.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement