Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367554 by Scampsmum Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm
Seems this2 lady " has been scamming for quite a while I see a post on here about her dated 2015 !

On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎20‎ ‎June‎ ‎2018‎ ‎17‎:‎05‎:‎29‎ ‎BST,
Mary Sanchez <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for the interest you have in my flat. My flat is still available for rent and you can stay in my flat as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Rent per calendar month is £425 { includes all bills : water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet}Security deposit of £600 {Refundable after four weeks in the flat}.

However, At this stage that you want to rent my flat, i need to know some few question about you. Can you keep my flat clean and tidy?
Do you have references in Lewes?. Kindly reply for further information and i will like to know where you are coming from to stay in my flat.

Regards
When asked for further information and a date to view I recieved :-

Mary Sanchez <[email protected]>
To:
XXXXX

‎21‎ ‎Jun at ‎08‎:‎13

Thanks for the reply, Regarding to your question. its possible for you to come for the viewing. However, i can make a perfect reservation for you as i am giving you 100% guarantee as the flat is still available. I would need to come down from Bristol and schedule for the viewing. Yet some prospective tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and they disturb the landlord to arrange a viewing, so i wouldn't like such to happen again.

More so, i have 2 other interested candidates that just provided their details for the tenancy agreement and also willing to make an advance deposit to secure the flat but i declined because they have a big family with children, 3 cats and dogs.

Nevertheless, i will appreciate if you would be able to get the security deposit transferred now via online banking or locate the bank. Upon verification of payment, we proceed immediately with the viewing. We can proceed with the viewing around 5pm tomorrow or at your convenient time. Your funds will be protected and monitor by the http://www.depositprotection.com.

Please let me know if you are willing to proceed with the payment so that i can provide to you the bank account details. You will pay the rent after the viewing and note that making a deposit doesn't mean you must rent my flat after the viewing, if you decide not to proceed with the rent, then i will refund the deposit immediately without any deduction.

Hope to read from you soon.
Advertisement