Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367701 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:43 am
Jill Copelin < [email protected] > wrote:

​​Hello,

My name is Susan Freiter, I'm working as a research engineer for a pharmaceutical company called Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. I bought this property for my daughter during her studies there, but now she's back home to North Dakota permanently, so I'm renting the place for unlimited time. I'm in need of a good and responsible tenant that can move into my apartment and take very good care of the property and maintain it in my absence.

The apartment has 2 beds, 2 baths 956 sqft. It's unfurnished but it's very nice and clean.
The rent is US $ 1100 per month and includes all utilities (High-Speed Internet • Utilities: water/gas/electricity/heating • TV Cable • Parking Spot).

The lease is flexible, can be month to month if you prefer it. Only for 12 months rental, the first month will be free!
You'll have the option/priority to extend your stay before the lease expires.
About pets: there are no problems if you have pets, as long as you clean up after them. That's all I can say for now until you have a taste of my place.

In the meantime, can you please confirm the following:

· How many people would be living at the property?
· When would you like to move in? (exact date)
· What term/length lease would you like?
· When are your most suitable times/days to view the property?

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!
Susan L. Freiter
Charles E. Brymer

Jill&Brian Copelin < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm very pleased to rent you my place but it will be a bit difficult to meet you personally now because I am unable to travel right now, but I can make the arrangements for an inspection through Airbnb, an international company that mainly deals with rental apartments.

Through them, you will inspect the property before to sign the rental agreement. They will organize the inspection and will also assist in managing the payment and the rental contract. I am paying Airbnb fees, so there will be no extra cost for you.

If you would like to go ahead with the rental process, I will need your contact information (name, address, phone number, email) in order to register the transaction with Airbnb.
After that, you will receive the booking confirmation from Airbnb containing all the rental information along with payment instructions to secure the booking.
You will need to send a down payment of 1 month of rent to Airbnb in order to confirm the booking.
If you`ll go for a lease of at least 12 months the down payment that you`ll pay will be considered the second month of rent because the first month will be free.
The payment is a simple formality and by paying you are not obliged to rent the apartment.
Please remember that if you do not like the apartment, Airbnb will return your down payment immediately.

After the deposit will be transferred to Airbnb and after they will receive it, an agent will be assigned for your booking, he/she will contact you and you`ll set up all the details with him/her like the meeting day for the inspection and other details.
If you are satisfied with the property, all you have to do is sign the lease and receive the keys of property. A copy of the contract will remain with you, one at the Airbnb and one copy will be given to me.

The lease will start from the date when you move in and the next month will be due on the same date of the following month. If you can not move immediately, we can arrange the inspection now and I keep the apartment reserved until you are available to move.
If you have any other questions, I would like to respond with pleasure.

Thanks !
Jill & Brian Copelin,

Subject: Re: Apartments.com Network lead for 3520 Lebon Dr, San Diego, CA 92122

Hello,

Thank you for your details, I will make the registration with Airbnb and after I have registered you with them, they will send the booking confirmation and the payment details for the down payment.
After you have received it you`ll have to send the down payment to Airbnb and after they will receive your down payment, as I said, an agent will be assigned with your transaction, will contact you and you`ll set up all the details with him, to inspect the property.

Also, they are requesting that the down payment must be done in 24 hours from the moment they have processed the booking and sent you the booking confirmation.

I need you to confirm that you understood and agree on the terms and when you`ll receive the booking confirmation you can make the down payment within 24 hours because when I will make the registration for you they will charge me also for this transaction which is nonrefundable.
I want everything to be clear, I don`t want to be any misunderstandings.
So, please let me know if you agree and I`ll make the registration for you right away.

By paying the down payment now , you`ll have the place reserved until you`ll move in and of course the actual contract will start when you`ll move in.

Thanks !
Jill & Brian Copelin,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#367702 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:45 am
Domain Name: NOVARTIS-E.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2255793904_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
Updated Date: 2018-04-22T20:42:08Z
Creation Date: 2018-04-22T20:38:17Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2019-04-22T20:38:17Z

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/