Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367703 by Bryon Williams Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:54 am
Renate Keilwerth < [email protected] > wrote:

Thank you for your reply .I am the owner of the apartment. You can rent the apartment how long you want , because I don't have plans to move again in Germany. My child are at school here, and we will stay in Spain.
The keys of the apartment are here with me and I do not have any friends or other person in Germany to take you for a tour of the apartment.
I would like to use AirBnb.com (https://airbnb.com) to close the agreement because last month I took 2 free days off from my job and came to show the apartment to a person that was interested to rent it and when I arrived there he called me, and said that is no longer interested in my apartment. I have lost money and time. I would not like that to happen again that is why I have left a copy of the keys with AirBnb. They will send an agent, and you will visit the apartment in his presence. You will be able to sign the contract with them, in case you decide to rent my apartment. They will also handle the money and the documents so both of us will be protected and secured.

As I told you , the rent for 1 month is : 800 Euro (including all the billing costs). And I will ask you 1.600 Euro as warranty. Please let me know if you are ready to start the transaction . If you will like the apartment you can move in from the day of the visit and you will receive the keys from the AirBnb agent.

Best Regards,

Renate Keilwerth <[email protected]> wrote:

Please let me explain you how AirBnb works :
First I will need your details
- Complete the name of the future tenant;
- Current address ( street , city , country, zip code );
- Direct telephone number;
- Date in which you want to move in the apartment:
- Rental period you want to stay:
- How many person will stay in apartment:
- I need also a copy of your ID or passport to complete the lease agreement.

After you will give me your details i will forward to AirBnb to make the reservation on your name. You will not pay any additional commission or other taxes. You will pay only the rent. AirBnb will contact you with the invoice and all information. Once you receive the details you will have to make the deposit into their bank account.
We are from different countries so this is the only option. You will make the deposit into company's bank account to show your interest and provide assurance. After the company will receive the deposit confirmation they will send the designated agent with the keys and the documents. The agent will arrange the visit and if you decide to rent the apartment, you must sign the contract of rent.
If you refuse the apartment, you are fully refunded in the same day. I am under contract with the company and they offer the best security methods available. I wait your answer because i have other tenants interested for the flat.

Best Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement