Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367724 by Michelle Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:09 am

Thanks for your prompt response. Never mind, the room can be reserve and secure for you till your arrival date and for the period of your stay in the apartment. I am Giulia Cusini Italian. Apartment is very close to the University, city center, public transportation and supermarket. I live in the 1st room of the flat and another female student from France will be moving into the 2nd room by July while the 3rd room is available for renting. Monthly rent including all bill and utilities such as Gas, Electricity bills, Heating, Washing Machine, Internet and Water bills.

However, If you really have interest in the apartment kindly let me have this request below.

-YOUR EXACT ARRIVAL DATE
-YOUR DEPARTURE DATE,
-FULL NAME,
-YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS
-YOUR CURRENT CONTACT PHONE NUMBER
-SCANNED COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT ID,

So that i can quickly instruct our family lawyer to prepare the tenant agreement form for you to be assure that you are dealing with the right person and to see the terms and condition of the contract and if you are okay with the terms and condition then you can proceed with the one month rent and security deposit to my mother in Torino, Italy via bank transfer so that the room can be reserve for you till your arrival date because there are a lot of people that also have interest in renting the apartment,but my mother prefer the most serious person who pay her first.

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment ,i 'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to sign and bring along with you when moving in. The apartment belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment,but she is presently in Torino, Italy due to her work,and i also work in a calling center too.

Regards,
Giulia Cusini

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement