Room for Rent and other rental scams
#367752 by ShaniVP Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:51 am
I was searching for garage apartment via Craigslist (probably not the best idea) & came across this SUPER cute rental at a fantastic price in a great part of town. After further research, I realized it was a scale. I texted this individual my email and she sent me this:

Hi,

I appreciate your interest regarding my duplex, it is still available for rent. I would like to tell you somethings about myself, My names are Pauline Hicks, i am from Ohio, I have been moving around with my job from one state to another for the past few years back (INDIANA,TEXAS,PA,LA), but 3 yrs ago, i decided to settle down here, so that is why i bought the place and i have all the necessary documents to prove it to you that i own it, I'm About as laid back & easy going as can be. I work as a Senior Android Developer. I guess I have a “you use it, you clean it” way of looking at things. I don’t smoke and I don’t have a pet but I'm pet friendly, so I wish to offer out the place to someone who is clean freak to help me take a very good care of the place while am away, the place is fully equipped with a lovely kitchen, washing machine, bathtub, dish washer and internet. Room is furnished with bed accommodating two people and have a private bathroom and toilet, , offering a range of bars,restaurants, transport stations, clubs, schools and weekend markets, all only a few minutes away, there is also a living/dining room available. Here are some details you should know about it:

FLAT ADDRESS:
828 W 32nd St #E Houston TX 77018
BEDROOM: One Bedroom
BATHROOM: One Bathroom
KITCHEN: Yes
LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM: Yes
RENT AMOUNT/Per month including all utility bills: $620
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT: $450
FURNISHED: Yes (fully furnished)
PETS: allowed ( clean cat and dog allowed ) no fee for pets.
MINIMUM PERIOD: 1 month
MAXIMUM PERIOD: 4 years
AVAILABILITY: Immediately.

I HAVE SOME FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. How old are you?
2. When are you looking to move in?
3. How long do you want to rent it for?
4. Tell me a bit about yourself and back it up with some pictures.
5. What do you do for a living?

Any interested tenant will be living alone in there and won't be sharing anything with anybody (unless you are moving in with a partner or a friend). I will be very glad if you can get back to me with some information about yourself too, as i stated about myself above, so i can know something about you too. To rent an apartment in Houston is highly cost, as for me, i only need someone who is responsible and will help me take a very good care of the place and keeping it tidy all the time.

NOTE: PRESENTLY I'M OUT OF STATE, THE COMPANY I WORK WITH HAVE JUST TRANSFERRED ME FROM HOUSTON TO SUPERVISE A NEW PROJECT GOING ON HERE, SO THAT IS WHY I'M LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO TAKE CARE OF THE PLACE.

Let me know what you think. Although I might not know the kind of person you are but I believe even knowing you before moving in doesn't mean I would know if you have any hidden bad behavior or something, but i have the feeling and the believe that you will never disappoint me, i only want you to behave yourself in my house and please help me take a very good care of it.

Also note that all bills are included in the rent.

Regards,
Pauline.

——
I looked up the address & it was a totally different apartment but she had copied the details & added fake pictures.l :roll:

Stay safe & don’t talk to strangers!
Advertisement