Room for Rent and other rental scams
#369127 by Michelle Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:08 am
Happy Linda <[email protected]>

Hi ,
Thanks for the interest shown in my apartment. I have a request. Can we communicate in English language ? My Dutch language is not very good.
My name is Lin Yin and I own this property. I recently finished my divorce with my husband and I'm located in Athens, Greece (the company I'm working on , has a 5-year project in Athens). That's why I'm renting my apartment. The apartment is for rent for a maximum of 5 years.

About the price: The rent price is 370 euro per month and includes: water, internet / TV Cable, management fees,gas bill and 1 parking space. Also, a security deposit (bond) of 740 euro is required and will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). The apartment looks exactly like in pictures.
Now, a little bit about myself: I am of Taiwanese origin, I am 43 years old and I have 1 daughter.

Unfortunately, my time does not allow me to make any travel for the next few months, so I will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while.
I can make the viewing arrangements (on my expense of course, using a rental agency) so you can be able to inspect my apartment personally.

I'm sorry for the long reply but I wanted to be sure that you understood me well.
Thank you,
Best Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement