Room for Rent and other rental scams
#371515 by Michelle Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 am

Dear Customer,

We inform you that the reservation was made and you are the new tenant of an apartment in London
The owner inform us you have made the payment, please reply us here with the receipt of the transfer so we can finish the reservation.

Thank you,
Airbnb team

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#375696 by Michelle Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:25 am
[email protected]

Payment details
To complete the transaction, payment must be made using bank-to-bank electronic wire transfer. Wire
transfer or credit transfer is a method of transferring money from one person or institution (entity) to
another. A wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a
transfer of cash at a cash office
Send the payment using the following broker details:
Bank Name: TSB Bank PLC
Agent Account Holder: Liviu Ioan Repede
Bank address: BOWYER ROAD 40, BIRMINGHAM, B8 1EX
Sort code: 77-07-09
Account number: 22129260
iBan: GB38TSBS77070922129260
SWIFT: TSBSGB21
Amount to be sent – £1.380
As a payment reference please use your receipt number:
Please use the details exactly as written above. Do not modify account name or account details otherwise
your payment will be rejected by our system. Account names are generated to be unique for each
transaction so we can identify your payments faster.
Note: You will receive a copy of this invoice in your registered email address. Please check your inbox and
your junk/spam folder

* The Airbnb Service Fee includes VAT charges when applicable.
Occupancy Taxes include General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa),
Accommodations Tax (Iowa City), General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa City),
General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa City).
Cancellation policy: Flexible. Cancel up to 3 days before move in date and get a full refund. Deposit is
100% refundable. Refund requests are processed within 3 days. Multiple refund options available such as
Paypal, Bank Transfer or Bitcoin.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#376565 by Annapurna Menon Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am
The exact same thing happened with me. I have written to you, please help!

Michelle wrote:
[email protected]

Payment details
To complete the transaction, payment must be made using bank-to-bank electronic wire transfer. Wire
transfer or credit transfer is a method of transferring money from one person or institution (entity) to
another. A wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a
transfer of cash at a cash office
Send the payment using the following broker details:
Bank Name: TSB Bank PLC
Agent Account Holder: Liviu Ioan Repede
Bank address: BOWYER ROAD 40, BIRMINGHAM, B8 1EX
Sort code: 77-07-09
Account number: 22129260
iBan: GB38TSBS77070922129260
SWIFT: TSBSGB21
Amount to be sent – £1.380
As a payment reference please use your receipt number:
Please use the details exactly as written above. Do not modify account name or account details otherwise
your payment will be rejected by our system. Account names are generated to be unique for each
transaction so we can identify your payments faster.
Note: You will receive a copy of this invoice in your registered email address. Please check your inbox and
your junk/spam folder

* The Airbnb Service Fee includes VAT charges when applicable.
Occupancy Taxes include General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa),
Accommodations Tax (Iowa City), General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa City),
General Sales and Use Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa), Accommodations Tax (Iowa City).
Cancellation policy: Flexible. Cancel up to 3 days before move in date and get a full refund. Deposit is
100% refundable. Refund requests are processed within 3 days. Multiple refund options available such as
Paypal, Bank Transfer or Bitcoin.

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.