Room for Rent and other rental scams
#372698 by Michelle Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:11 am

My Name is Daniel Biayi and I own an apartment located @ Kangasalantie 6 A, Vallila 05500, Helsinki, Finland. We want you to know that it is due to work transfer that I and my wife had leave the apartment and we need someone responsible who can take proper care of the apartment while we are away and keep off all worries concerning the maintenance of the apartment. We are not really concerned about the money but someone clean and responsible who can take proper care of the apartment. Right now we are in Dublin Ireland our new apartment. All facilities are left behind in the apartment which you can make use of and also the keys and necessary documents to the apartment are right here with us which we will be sending to you once we reach an agreement.

If Interested, kindly fill in the details below.

1)Your Full Name -

2)Your Full Address -

3)How old are you -

4)Are you married -

5)How many people will be living in the apt -

6)Do you have a pet -

7)Do you have a car -

8)Occupation -

9)When do you want to move in -

10)How long do you want to stay in my apt -

11)Reason for moving out of Current home -

One Mr Kokko mailed us as regards to our apartment but we decided not to rent to him because he drinks and smokes and we wont want a situation whereby he gets drunk and damages everything in the apartment.

Note the rent will be 550 Euros monthly all bills inclusive.I personally will come visit you during the year has our new tenant.Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apt to you.

Regards
Mr Biayi

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#374151 by deyd7781 Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:45 am
Good evening,
First of all, thank you so much to Michelle for the post about the rental scam under Daniel biayi name.
I would like to inform other people bout this guy he's been using the same modus operation as the one that Michelle been posting out earlier. Thank god my friend came with this idea to check bout this guy and when she check the name online she found out more from http://www.scamwarners.com and read the post bout it from Michelle. Thank you Michelle for saving me from becoming another victim of this guy. Your posting is really a big saver for me.
For your information he's still using the same info bout him working in Dublin and asked you to transfer money via western union. He also use the same question to get your information for his acknowledgement. But the thing is he's so far in Dublin but he's posting a house here in Kota kinabalu Sabah, Malaysia. And its a new tactic I guess trying to scam people in my country. We should post this more to the public so they would know bout this guy. I. Hope he's not using my detail to scam other people too. That's what I'm afraid also. This would be a good lesson for me in the future not to easily believe good things come easily and cheap. Once again thank you Michelle for your good work to inform people bout this scammed guy. I almost send money but my friend send me your story and it really gave me a big relief I didn't send him money yet. God bless you Michelle.