Room for Rent and other rental scams
#373459 by Michelle Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Craig Beck <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. The apartment is still available.

My name is Craig Beck, I'm from Alexandria,VA, USA. In 2013 we bought the apartment for my son, he finished the studies at the University of Ottawa, and now the apartment is vacant. Since I do not want to sell the apartment, I decided to rent it for the long term. This is a fully furnished one bedroom and one bathroom apartment. The apartment is beautiful, clean, quiet and ready to be occupied with immediate effect. It has all the necessary amenities, such as cable TV, high-speed internet, private parking. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, and fridge. All furniture, decoration and home appliances are included so that you can move in with your luggage. I have attached a few photos for you so you can see the entire apartment; https://imgur.com/a/tmszUTh . The apartment is rented exactly as you see in the photos. The apartment address is : 200 Besserer St. Ottawa, Ontario K1N 0A7. In the monthly rent of $990 will be included the Hydro, Garbage, Cable Tv, internet bills, and one parking place. I will issue receipts every month for you to claim the taxes at the end of the year. For how long you want to rent the apartment? How many persons will leave there? What is your occupation? Please, provide information's about you. I am looking for an honest person, that keep's the apartment clean and in excellent condition. Please contact me if you are genuinely interested.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Beck <[email protected]> wrote:

I would like to thank you for your quick reply. Very kind from your part to tell me some info's about you. Like I’ve told you, I live in the US and the keys of the apartment are here with me as I do not have any friends or another person back in Canada to take you for a tour of the apartment. I would like to use Booking.com (https://www.booking.com/apartments) to close the agreement because last month I took two days off from my job and came to show the apartment to a person that was interested in renting it and when I arrived there he called me and said that is no longer interested in my apartment. I have lost money and time. I would not like that to happen again that is why I have left a copy of the keys with Booking.com. They will send an agent, and you will visit the apartment in his presence. You will be able to sign the contract with the agent in case you decide to rent my apartment. They will also handle the money and the documents so both of us will be protected and secured. As I told you, the rent for one month is $990, In addition, a security deposit of $990 is required at the beginning of the lease and will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30-day notice is required). Please let me know if you are ready to start the booking transaction. If you like the apartment, you can move in from the day of the visit, and you will receive the keys from the Booking.com agent. Please take a note that the apartment will be rented exactly as you already seen in the photos.

Kind Regards,
Craig

Please let me explain you first how it works with Booking.com for long-term rent period.

First of all, I will need the following details:
Name:
Address:
City:
Phone Number:
Date when you want to view the apartment together with the agent:
Approximately move-in date:
For how long would you like to rent my apartment?:

After you give me your details, will go to the company and make the visit arrangements. You will not pay any additional commission or other taxes. You will pay only the rent and the security deposit for the apartment. Booking.com will contact you with the details of your booking and all the information you need. Once you receive the details, you will have to make the deposit to Booking.com. They will keep your money until you see the apartment and accept to rent it. We are from different countries, so this is the only option. You will make the deposit to Booking.com to show your interest and provide assurance that you will move in from the date you chose, the rental period will start from the day you move in and not from the day you sign the contract. After the company receives the deposit confirmation, a designated agent will be sent with the keys and the documents. The agent will arrange the visit, and if you decide to rent the apartment, the contract will be made. If you refuse the apartment, you are fully refunded immediately. I am under contract with the company, and they offer the best security methods available. In the next few days, you can have the contract signed and move into the property. Now I wait for your decision. We can begin anytime.

Regards,
Craig

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement