Room for Rent and other rental scams
#373504 by Michelle Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 am

Hello

I've just read your email on renting our home. This is a furnished comfortable apartment in a quiet building with lift, close to shops and transport. The apartment is located at: Quai de la Petite France - Strasbourg. Available immediately to arrange.

r eason rental: It was our daughter who occupied it. The reason for the possible hiring is not to leave empty and not maintained as the result of a car accident in which I lost the validity of my legs (Paralyzed) and after more than a year in a rehabilitation center we decided it come join us in Brest (29) in our house to take care of me but especially in the context of his studies. Thank you to find attached photos of the apartment.

Information about accommodation: Area: 35 m². Rental amount: 450 € / charges included

Facilities:

At the heart of the Petite France, beautiful furnished studio with view on the square Grimmeissen. Conveniently located near the Faculty of Medicine and very bright, it is close to shops and tram and bus rail links. On the third floor, the studio has an entrance with a large built-in cupboard, a main room with sofa bed and desk, fitted kitchen with dining area and a bathroom equipped with tub, sink and toilet. Heating and hot water tank individual electric.

Very quiet, very charming.

Room: size bed 1: 140 * 200, wardrobe
Bathroom: separate shower, hairdryer

WC: 1

Environment: laundry, supermarket, outdoor market, local shops, pharmacy, restaurants, night club, cinema, gym club, parking

By cons foremost, we would like to have some details on your profile in order to be reassured that you are a potential tenant:

• Your Full Name .....................

• City of present residence .....................

• Contact telephone (fixed and mobile) ....................

• Marital status....................

• Your job......................................

• Your approximate monthly income ..........................

• The lease time ................................

• Who will pay the rent each month end? ...........................

• Number of persons to occupy the apartment? ..........................

• Availability date for the visit? .......................................... ...............

Pending your return for you doing send the list of required documents, we thank you in advance for your attention.

Best regards

Mr and Mrs FIRMIEZ

huguette firmiez < [email protected] >

Following your answer, I want to thank you for the importance you give to my offers.
The rent including load (water, electricity and heating) is 450 € / month charges included. The requested warranty is one (1) month deposit plus the payment of the first month's rent (450 € + 450 € = 900 €).
Below is the folder elements (Individual Reference to Individual) to prepare if you think to follow:
Tenant:

* An ID

* Recent pay stubs

* The last rent receipt of the home that you occupied.

* Deposit (€ 900) representing the payment of the deposit plus the first month's rent.

Guarantors or relatives: An ID - Last payslips or last tax notice.
The visit could take place this week with all the documents requested record (original + copy).

Given the distance Allemangne- / - Strasbourg, My spouse and i be able to do two things at once is to say that the visit and the signing of the lease contract will be done the same day if the apartment for you because we have already made the trip for people who found the apartment great but who had not yet met the amount requested or their records were not complete.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement