Room for Rent and other rental scams
#373595 by Michelle Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks for your interest & property is still available for rent. I want a responsible person or family who are neat and also believe that they have all what it takes to take care of the property as if it where there own. Please be informed that I'm renting out the property because I was transferred to (NEVADA) with my lovely family on contract project by American Society of Civil Engineers. (http://www.asce.org/).

We wanted to sell the property since we will be staying longer than we though & later my wife advised me not to sell the property anymore. I reasoned with her and accepted her advice so we contacted the agent back and requested for our keys and documents and put it for rent since we will back in the next 4 to 5 years.

We would have given the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent was asking too much of an agent fee and also made the rent high. We were not getting the responses we needed so i decided to terminated our contract with them and put it up for rent ourselves. If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is far below standard price and this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. The house is available for as long as you want,which include utilities such as Air Conditioner Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Cable etc.

House address:
Monthly rent :$980
Refundable Deposit: $980
Bedroom:3
Bathroom:1.5
All utilities are include in the rent.

APPLICATION FORM....

1)Your Full Name________________________
2)Current Address_______________________ ______
3)Phone Number (________)Best time to reach you ?
4)State________________
5)City__________________
6) Zip______________
7)Are you married______________________
8)Do you have Kids__________
9)Do you have a pet______________
10)Do you have a car______________________
11)Occupation______________
12)How many people will be living in the house___________
13)Reasons for Leaving present home_________________
14)How long lease are you looking for______________
15)How soon do you intend moving in________________
16)Date of Birth________________
17)Numbers of Cars________________
18)A picture of occupant ________________
19)How soon can you make the Rent/Deposit payment________________
20)How soon do you want to receive the keys/documents________________
============================= = ============== =========
Application Comment
============================== ============== =========

Please make sure this questions are filled correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your application.

Regards......

Martin Terrace ,
Text me +1 (256) 229-3496

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement