Room for Rent and other rental scams
#373802 by Michelle Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:56 am
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf of Cristin Reiss <[email protected]>

Hello,

Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 450 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 1000 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas).
The location of the apartment is very quiet and also close to the city center.
As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster,blender, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
My family bought this apartment so you are renting directly from the owner. Minimum renting period is 2 months, maximum 5 years. We have lived there for 5 years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Netherlands.
I want to know you a little better so please make a short story about you and include this answers also:
if you work here, what profession and if you got a contract, how much do you want to stay, how many guests, do you have pets...

Thank you, Cristin

This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: ABC-Straße 14, 20354 Hamburg
Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Netherlands.
We made the photos just before we left so the apartment is fully mobilated exactly like in the photos. We have a basement in the building where you can put everything you don't need.
As I said, because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain the entire procedure.
Thank you, Cristin

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#374287 by Mike Wilson Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:58 am
Van: Cristin Reiss [[email protected]]

Onderwerp: Re: Apartment for rent in Amsterdam

Fake site used in the scam http://www.airbnb.com-reservation1672.e ... 5?id=14554

Hello ,
I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 510 X 2 + 600 = 1620 euro).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Cristin

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#374288 by Mike Wilson Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 am
Another email address used in this rental scam [email protected]

Once the bank transfer has been done, you have to send the payment receipt to our email address:
[email protected]

The payment will be sent to the host upon your arrival and confirmation that everything is as expected. The security deposit will be returned to the guest on the date of departure.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#374351 by Candace Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm
I received these emails below:

Cristin Reiss <[email protected]>
Tue, Oct 2, 10:42 AM (3 days ago)
to me

Hello, Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 600 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 600 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas ).
As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster,ble nder, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
This apartment was bought by my family and we are renting as private owners. Minimum renting period is 2 months, maximum 5 years. We have lived there for 5 years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Germany.
I want to know you a little better so please make a short story about you and include this answers also:
if you work here, what profession and if you got a contract, how much do you want to stay, how many guests, do you have pets...
Thank you, Cristin
Here you can see more photos of the apartment: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1wojtuf6g/

Cristin Reiss
Wed, Oct 3, 5:54 AM (2 days ago)
to me

Hello Candace, This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: 106 Jan Luijkenstraat, 1071 Amsterdam
Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Germany.
We made the photos just before we left so the apartment is fully mobilated exactly like in the photos. We have a basement in the building where you can put everything you don't need.
As I said, because we are not in the city, we want to make the deal through Airbnb(in this way they will show you the apartment for us), so if you're interested let me know so I can explain the entire procedure.
Thank you, Cristin

Cristin Reiss
Thu, Oct 4, 3:22 PM (19 hours ago)
to me

Hello Candace,
I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 600 X 2 + 600 = 1800 euro).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Cristin

Hello Candace,
sorry for not being so prompt on the replies but I had a ton of work...
If you agree with everything, I only need an ID copy of you, any ID you want to send is fine for me as long as it has a photo.
I will start to post the apartment on airbnb and as soon as I have the ID, I will send you the link so we can finish the booking and payment today.
Thank you, Cristin

Hello Candace,
Ok, here is the link to my listing:
http://www.airbnb.com-reservation1672.e ... 5?id=81858
Let me know when you solve everything.
Thank you, Cristin

Michelle wrote:
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf of Cristin Reiss <[email protected]>

Hello,

Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 450 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 1000 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas).
As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster,blender, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
My family bought this apartment so you are renting directly from the owner. Minimum renting period is 2 months, maximum 5 years. We have lived there for 5 years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Netherlands.

Thank you, Cristin

This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: ABC-Straße 14, 20354 Hamburg
Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Netherlands.
Thank you, Cristin

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.
#375416 by Nieldeb Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:26 am
She asks to at first to respond to: [email protected], the following is regarding an appartment in The Hague (seghersstraat). She/he used pictures from an upscale hotel in Prague.
Advertisment:
New renovated, this apartment is my personal property. Fully furnished. THIS IS MY E M A I L: ( hause.c at g m x .c o m ) I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IT !!!! Located in the city center you will find everything you wish for, in a 15 minutes area (walking). It comes with high speed Internet, cable TV, all bills included in the rent. Parking for one car available. Basement for bikes. Transportation to all city locations very close to the apartment. P.S. PERSONAL E M A I L HERE: <<< hause.c at g m x .c o m >>> REMOVE THE SPACES AND REPLACE THE "at" with a rond!

Response:
Hello, Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 500 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 600 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas ).
As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster, blender, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
This apartment was bought by my family and we are renting as private owners. Minimum renting period is 2 months, maximum 5 years. We have lived there for 5 years but due to our business, we have moved back to our origin in Germany.
Thank you, Cristin
Here you can see more photos of the apartment: https://postimg.cc/gallery/gsvqkj4s/
#376033 by maijaau Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:25 am
New renovated, this apartment is my personal property. Fully furnished. THIS IS MY E M A I L: ( 1978cr at g m x .c o m ) I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IT !!!! Located in the city center you will find everything you wish for, in a 15 minutes area (walking). It comes with high speed Internet, cable TV, all bills included in the rent. Parking for one car available. Basement for bikes. Transportation to all city locations very close to the apartment. P.S. PERSONAL E M A I L HERE: <<< 1978cr at g m x .c o m >>> REMOVE THE SPACES AND REPLACE THE "at" with a rond!
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello, Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 500 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 600 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas ).
Thank you, Sabine

Here you can see more photos of the apartment: https://postimg.cc/gallery/krakkdzw/
----------------------------------------------------------
This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: Westersingel 1 3014 GM Rotterdam
Your description is good for me. Sadly, we are not in the city to to show you the apartment personally because we decided to rent it after we left to Germany.
Thank you, Sabine
#376051 by Koningin Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm
FIRST EMAIL

Hello
Like you saw in the posting, the rent for the entire apartment is 600 euro per month and for the entire period that you want to stay a security deposit of 600 euro is required. All monthly bills for this apartment are included in the rent price (electricity,water,heating,gas ).
As you can see in the photos the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,fridge,oven,toaster,ble nder, dishwasher), bath (washing machine,dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (TV,air conditioning,wi-fi with high speed internet).
Thank you, Cristin
Here you can see more photos of the apartment: https://postimg.cc/gallery/fwq2dlgc/

SECOND EMAIL
Hello
This is the apartment address so you can check it out on google for routes, transportation and surroundings: Vossiusstraat 1, 1071 AB Amsterdam
Thank you, Cristin

THIRD EMAIL
Hello
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 600 X 2 + 600 = 1800 euro).
Thank you, Cristin

FOURTH EMAIL
Hello
sorry for not being so prompt on the replies but I had a ton of work... Yes, you will already have 2 months paid. The renting period will start on the check in date when you get the keys. After the first 2 months you will send the rent to my account. you can let me know with 2 weeks before you want to leave.
If you agree with everything, I only need an ID copy of you, any ID you want to send is fine for me as long as it has a photo.
I will start to post the apartment on airbnb and as soon as I have the ID, I will send you the link so we can finish the booking and payment today.
Thank you, Cristin