Room for Rent and other rental scams
#375035 by Michelle Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:36 am
TEAM EXECUTIVE <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about our house. We are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house for now that we are ain't around. Me and my family just moved to Missouri for my job 2 days ago. We will be staying in Missouri for 1 or 2 years i work for a program called SAVING THE LESS PRIVILEGE CHILD PROGRAM with DAVE THOMAS FOUNDATION.at least 1 years or 2 and our initial plan was to sale the house but my wife don't want me to lose my only asset so i ask the realtor not to take charge of the house any more because of there commission rate and that is why we have made up our minds to put up the house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it during our absence,i'll be renting out just a room out of my 3 bed 2bath.for more information visit our website on www.davethomasfoundation.org.

PLEASE NOTE: This house is no longer for sale anymore but now for rent and Utilities included in monthly rent

DETAILS ABOUT THE ROOM FOR RENT.

Property address : Agate Dr Santa Clara, CA 95051
Bedroom : 1 WITH A WALK IN CLOSET.
Monthly Rent + Utilities : $700
security Deposit : $500 (Refundable)
Move in cost : $1,200

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement