Room for Rent and other rental scams
#375076 by Michelle Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:08 am
Nicole Pamblacon <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

We are Nicole and Joaquin. Travel and holidays are a big part of our lives. We love the mountains and skiing and last year we moved in Haute Nendaz, Switzerland to open up a business in tourism. We own a chalet, which at the moment is our main source of income. It was pretty hard, we were very close to give up but in the end we made it.

At first, the apartment was on sale. Being not very profitable and after further discussion with my husband we decided to rent it. The apartment's address is:
Spaarne 51 C, 2011CE Haarlem. The monthly rent is 600 € with all utilities included. The apartment is identical that in pictures.

We would like to know you better. Please tell us something about you and the reason for renting the apartment.

At the moment, neither of us can come to Netherlands, we are busy with the chalet administration so we can't meet with you personally but we do have a solution for this inconvenience so you can move in as soon as possible.

We can offer you more details if you are interested.

Thanks,
Nicole y Joaquin Pamblacon

P.S. I appreciate a reply in English, if it is possible. Thank you!

You can start renting the apartment from 5th of November from 10th of November if it's more convenient for you. The contract will also include the possibility of renewal (with you having the first right to extend the contract) and with a notice period of 1 month in case you want to move out sooner. You can rent the apartment for a minimum period of 3 months up to 5 years.

Regarding the payment, we request a 2 months pay + 500 euro refundable deposit at the end of your stay if no damage has been done to the apartment.

Let me explain the steps that we must follow in order to use Homeaway's services:
- I will need your full name and address so I can send you the keys and contract;
- I will list the apartment on Homeaway website and forward you the link so you can request a booking;
- After completing the booking request, Homeaway will send you the invoice so you can make the payment in order to confirm the apartment reservation. The payment will be in their custody until you will inspect the apartment. As soon as Homeaway confirms that the payment is in their custody, I will start the delivery of the keys and contract at the address provided;
- Homeaway will release the money only with your approval and only after the apartment inspection. After you will inspect the apartment, you will have 24 hours to decide whether you will rent it or not.

If you agree with the steps, I wait for your e-mail with your full name, address and a copy of your I.D.

Regards,
Nicole

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake!
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement