Room for Rent and other rental scams
#375905 by Jordan BG Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:01 am
I am involved in a conversation with "[email protected]" (no spaces, I added them in case they google their e-mail to check if it is compromised) it started as an e-mail in dutch with same ending as it's mentioned here. Unfortunately, I gave a lot of personal info of myself. Fortunately, it's nothing that will affect my wallet, but still I must be much more careful in future to whom I give info about me.
Once I google RentProtect "she" mentioned, I've got suspicions and here I am. The website Rentprotect.net looks like it's build around 2005-2007 and it's contradicting what a website of organization should look like, however rentprotect.co.za looks modern, but very fishy since it offers no info about itself and in Terms of Use they wrote that the website may be not available 100% of the time, what about the email "[email protected]" or their location (South Africa)...

We are still an e-mail or 2 from the point she will ask me to send her money, because I kind of told her that I will only send money if there is a lease contract or we reach an agreement during face to face meeting. I hope she try to change my mind and give me more info about her, so I could share more.

Thanks good people :bowdown: Let's punish the scammers :bondage:
Last edited by AlanJones on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed spaces from the email addresses.
Advertisement

#375907 by AlanJones Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:21 am
The best thing you can do is to totally block the scammer and stop responding. You are communicating with a criminal who probably has sufficient personal details to cause you real problems.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#376047 by Koningin Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:47 pm
My daughter just received a reply for a rental on marktplaats.nl called "Mooie en prachtige kamer te huur". Once again that familiar bull*&$ reply as below:

Hi, it's nice to have a reply from you so quickly!
You will be registered at apartment address.
And thank you for the interest that you have expressed to my apartment. However, before we discuss the further details, I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons do you intend to live in my apartment, for what period, etc.

First, a few details about myself : My name is Michele Krikke, I am 36 years old and work as engineer in London. I have an adorable husband (Luca) and a daughter (Sofia). Another member of our family is a six year old Labrador Retriever, we have all closed deep in our heart. The problem is simply that I have a lot of work here in London, I work as engineer and my husband as chef.

And I have little time to meet you in person and show you the apartment. Currently, I have few days free. This allows me to come to Netherlands and to show you the apartment. For this I would have to me but can be sure that you are seriously interested and would be willing to rent that apartment. Four weeks ago I had a potential tenant, asked if I could come to Netherlands in order to show him the apartment because he was interested to rent it. Then I bought a plane ticket and I went to Netherlands, there to arrange a meeting with the tenant. When I arrived, I tried to contact to prospective renters, but he reacted neither my calls nor my emails. The result was quite simply a loss of my time and a waste of my money.

I do not want this happening again and I was kept informed accordingly on the Internet about a possible protection. During my research I came across the protection from RentProtect, which can help us to make this transaction safe for both parties.

So let me know if you would be willing to rent the apartment, so I can tell you the steps that need to be made before our meeting .

Sincerely,
Michele Krikke
#376172 by Michele R. Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm
Mod Note: This post was made by the dumb scammer in a desperate attempt to avoid losing victims. We are leaving it here to show how far these disgusting criminals will go to steal from their victims.

Hello Jordan BG and Koningin,
Nice to meet you. But I do not think I have authorized anyone to post my email address. If you are real, I'm waiting to meet you. I do not know what law confers the right of a third person to publish private personal data such as my email address.

AlanJones hereby informs you that you are in the same situation as the two persons in the same act, publish these messages on my behalf and I have not given you any agreement in this respect, nor have I been contacted by you or your site for this thing.

I expressly want my data to be deleted because Google and a European directive allow me to delete my data such as my email address.
#376173 by AlanJones Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:51 pm
Hello dumb scammer Michele Krikke.

Unfortunately for you, the law doesn't protect dumb scammers like you who use fake details.

For the bots rental scammer - [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.