Room for Rent and other rental scams
#375989 by Michelle Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello

Thanks for your email and your interest in my Home, The house is still very much available for rent. I need to let you know that we are really serious about giving out the house to the right family or Individual who can take very good care of the House.I am handling the whole renting process myself in a best way than the realtor because they are not been truthful & sincere to me as well as they increase the monthly rent higher than what am asking for.

I must let you know that presently am not in town due to my work transfer out of the state to UTAH. So i wont be back for almost 6years But you are 100% safe renting from me. My family and I got relocated in place of my work and that is why I want somebody that will take care of the house just as his/her own property. The Only left alternative to show you around as well is undergoing Lungs cancer problem for 2 months and she is been indisposed at the moment because cos she went for operation. However, the initial plan was to put the house on the market has For sale, which I did through an Agent but the asking price from interested buyer's are too poor so i have change to plan 'B' that is renting it out myself and that is why you can see the advert on internet, I am telling you this in case you find the house on another website.

So If you know that you have a good credential you can email me back to secure and occupy my house at my absent. You also can Text or Call me on 775-573-0364

General house description:
Property type: Single Family Home
Address: 429 Stewart St, Fall River, MA 02720
Bedroom: 3
Bathroom: 2
Monthly Rent: $900
Security Deposit: $800
Total move in cost: $1700
Pet: Acceptable
Utilities are included in the rent.
There is also high speed wireless internet access.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM: ( PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF)

Full Name__________________________ _______________________
Home Phone ( )________________________
Date of Birth_________________________ ________
Other Phone ( )___________________
Current Address_______________________ ________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving_______________________ _____Rent $__________Phone ( )____________________________
Length of previous tenancy__________
Which of the Above Phone # can you be reach at anytime: ( )__________________
Best Time to Call You:___________________
Are you married_______________________ _____
How many people will be living in the house_________________________ ___
Do you have a pet___________________________ _
Do you have a car___________________________ _
Occupation____________________ ________
monthly income?_______________________ _____
How Long You Want the Lease?________________________ ____
Preferred Move In Date__________________________ __
When do you intend receive the keys & document of the house________________
When do you intended sending the deposit_______________________
Earliest possible date of deposit payment? ________________
Evictions__________
Any Police Problem? ________________

Get back to me ASAP if you are interested with the rental application form as listed ABOVE. You can Text or Call me anytime you wish on 775-573-0364

Best Regard

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement